Apple Has More Cash Than U.S Government.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by AIR FILTER, Jul 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apple now has more cash to spend than the entire government of the United States.

1. Is the U.S government in serious trouble or is this just a smoke and mirrors game?

2. If genuine, what would be the worst case scenario?

My own view is that they spent like "madmen" on their over obsessional disorder with Global War Games.

Linky .... BBC News - Apple holding more cash than USA
  2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

1. Not really.
    2. World War III

Maybe you are right, they should have bought every civil servant an iPod instead - it would have been cheaper than steaming into I-rak and Afany-stan...
  3. That would be because Apple actually has something people want to buy.
  4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Oh I don't know, I'd be up for a few bits of choice kit if the price was right.....
  5. Rumors of America's imminent demise, are as always, somewhat over exaggerated.
  6. I've got £5.75 that's more money than the US government has at the moment :)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Rumours of American hegemony's demise are probably not, though. You can't run the world on a shoestring.
  8. The US could demolish any military stupid enough to take it on in a no holds barred, knock down, drag out fight with relative ease. That will not change in my lifetime despite the fervent wishes of of the chatterattii.
  9. Depends on whether they are still paying their troops come Wednesday.....

10. All just posturing for the next elections.
  11. What has that to do with hegemony? What can the US do to any country that isn't stupid enough to play to US strengths? How credible is a one trick pony, exactly?

If they want to remain relevant, let alone a power in the world, then re-emphasising forms of power other than military is essential for them. Convincing other people that they're in the right and actually being so would be a good start.
  12. Really? ....... So what went wrong with these punch up's ??

Revolutionary War 1775-1781 (6 years)
    War of 1812 1812-1815 (3years)
    Mexican- American War 1845-1848 (3years)
    World War Two 1941-1945 (4years)
    Korea 1950-1953 (3years)
    Vietnam 1965-1974 (9 years)
    Gulf War II 2003-2010 (7years)
    Afghanistan 2001- (10 years to date) *No end in sight, so god knows how many more years*.

Looks like they were/are struggling with some of these!
  13. Sound and fury, signifying nothing. America is too big to fail. and neither Republicans or Democrats are stupid enough to commit suicide. Both sides will drag this out until the last minute, trying to score as many points as they can. But it will go down to the wire - not over it.
  14. You missed the Great War and Gulf War 1, other than that I see one draw, one that they had no will to win, and one still undecided.
  15. Actually Apple is thinking of making an offer to Obama to buy the United States. Name will change to iCountry.

This are tough now and the costs of Obamacare have not kicked in yet. Many companies are moving operations overseas due to the costs Obamacare will involve. In my city a major biotech employer announced last week that they are buillding in China and will have 1000 employees at the new factory. Three days later they announced the closure of a facility in my city with 1200 employees fired.