Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

appendix 9 med board

Hi all ,

I injured myself last August ( herniated 2 discs ) I have been downgraded on appendix 9 since. Had an operation in February and been on rehab since.

I had a review with the MO and he said I'll be in front of the med board at tidworth in september. First of all , I was told I'd be getting discharged on pap10 grounds. Now the MO has said it may be administrative.
Which I think is bull***t . I have made almost zero progress since my op due to the constant pain and nerve damage.

A staff sgt approached me and said that if I'm downgraded a year (September) I will be entitled to a payout. But he couldn't remember where to get this information.

Sorry for rambling on , basically want an opinion on what you think will likely happen. I injured myself on the all arms commando course on a log race, so I didn't think they could discharge me without some sort of pay out/pension

Thank in advance

A staff sgt approached me and said that if I'm downgraded a year (September) I will be entitled to a payout. But he couldn't remember where to get this information.
No idea about the rest of your post but I'm pretty sure what he told you is bollocks.

Last edited:

Bris

LE
No idea about the rest of your post bur I'm pretty sure what he told you is bollocks.
Agreed. Plenty of people get downgraded for more than a year and don't receive anything.

@sanny901 - Unfortunately, every case is different, so a 'likely' outcome would be nothing more than a guess. I'd speak to welfare at your unit, they're usually well linked in with these processes.

I'd also call PAX if you had any health/accident insurance with them, and have a look at the AFCS.

Latest Threads