appendix 9 med board

Hi all ,

I injured myself last August ( herniated 2 discs ) I have been downgraded on appendix 9 since. Had an operation in February and been on rehab since.

I had a review with the MO and he said I'll be in front of the med board at tidworth in september. First of all , I was told I'd be getting discharged on pap10 grounds. Now the MO has said it may be administrative.
Which I think is bull***t . I have made almost zero progress since my op due to the constant pain and nerve damage.

A staff sgt approached me and said that if I'm downgraded a year (September) I will be entitled to a payout. But he couldn't remember where to get this information.

Sorry for rambling on , basically want an opinion on what you think will likely happen. I injured myself on the all arms commando course on a log race, so I didn't think they could discharge me without some sort of pay out/pension

Thank in advance

A staff sgt approached me and said that if I'm downgraded a year (September) I will be entitled to a payout. But he couldn't remember where to get this information.
No idea about the rest of your post but I'm pretty sure what he told you is bollocks.

Last edited:

Bris

LE
No idea about the rest of your post bur I'm pretty sure what he told you is bollocks.
Agreed. Plenty of people get downgraded for more than a year and don't receive anything.

@sanny901 - Unfortunately, every case is different, so a 'likely' outcome would be nothing more than a guess. I'd speak to welfare at your unit, they're usually well linked in with these processes.

I'd also call PAX if you had any health/accident insurance with them, and have a look at the AFCS.