Appendix 9 confusion

I have been diagnosed with arthritis in the knees. Im a 47 year old reservist RLC. I have spoken to my CoC and been told to see the Army Doctor which I have done and been given an appendix 9.
The confusion is on reading it I am Limited PJHQ Cat 2 with lots of restrictions mainly to stop further damage to my knees and the cartilage wearing away. For instance: No drill/marching, static shoots. The doctor explained that everything was done regarding the problem with my knees which I understood. But on the functional capacity it says I am Level 3 PT which I believe means I still need to pass RFT(S)/AFT although I think my regiment is still doing the 1.5 miles and AFT 6 miles. My Sergeant said I wont have to do them with the appendix 9 but then the PTI said I am still capable of completing them. The general consensus is that everyone interprets the Appendix 9 differently. I'm worried that I will complete all what's required of me in regards to gaining bounty CofE but not be able to achieve the AFT if my knees get too painful which they probably will. Any guidance would be appreciated.

CC_TA

LE
There is the biff phys test and the Watt bike test - speak to your CoC & gym queen - If your biff chit says don't do things; don't feckin do them.

They have put the yes & no the right ways round have they? (I had to get a App 9 re-written as the restrictions had been wrong way rounded.) :)

I have been diagnosed with arthritis in the knees. Im a 47 year old reservist RLC. I have spoken to my CoC and been told to see the Army Doctor which I have done and been given an appendix 9.
The confusion is on reading it I am Limited PJHQ Cat 2 with lots of restrictions mainly to stop further damage to my knees and the cartilage wearing away. For instance: No drill/marching, static shoots. The doctor explained that everything was done regarding the problem with my knees which I understood. But on the functional capacity it says I am Level 3 PT which I believe means I still need to pass RFT(S)/AFT although I think my regiment is still doing the 1.5 miles and AFT 6 miles. My Sergeant said I wont have to do them with the appendix 9 but then the PTI said I am still capable of completing them. The general consensus is that everyone interprets the Appendix 9 differently. I'm worried that I will complete all what's required of me in regards to gaining bounty CofE but not be able to achieve the AFT if my knees get too painful which they probably will. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Your app 9 should have a section on it which will specifically say if you can do a AFT/PFT.

Latest Threads