Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Appealing SNLR/Re-Enlisting to Sandhurst

Status
Not open for further replies.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Just buy a uniform off of eBay and crack on - simples.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Change your name and DoB slightly and reapply in a couple of years .
Manning and records will never even notice , the foreign platoon commander will have left and so will a lot of the other staff .
Dye your hair , too , just in case .

It worked for a certain T E Lawrence. :)

Anyway , you're on this site now , and taken a load of ribbing from the chaps about your inadequacies .
That almost counts as military service in some quarters .

Hmm, where any issues related to ... Or a dislike for Johnny Foreigner?
Sounds like you have some serious prejudices against your foreign platoon commander and foreign fellow cadets. Sounds like you had some serious attitude problems.
Not at all I was good friends with most of the foreign cadets and I am of the same ethnic background the Plt Cmdr but I have no real interest or investment in my culture heritage or religion, which I think he might of taken offence to.

Change your name and DoB slightly and reapply in a couple of years
Not sure if this is a joke but I wouldn't go for that incase of getting caught and done for integrity

So not one, but two platoon commanders 'had it in for you'? How did you get on with your CSgt, CSM, OC? Presumably for you to be back termed, they all were of a similar opinion?
First time around I made mistakes and got on the radar and didn't improve, didn't get many command appointments until it was a summative ex and had to, and then I'd fail. Only time had an external CSgt come assess me I did really well and he was quite happy with my performance but by then the 'evidence' of failed appointments etc was against me and I was back termed. Either way I wanted the back term because I knew I wasn't getting it good enough.

The new CSgt, CSMs or other NCOs have made comments to me that I was good and could be a great officer etc or that had I been discharged (first time) it would have been a crying shame to lose me. My CO and OC both said they liked me and even how I might be a little different. There are experienced members in the platoon including Reserve officers and ex-soldiers who voice their disagreement with the discharge and how there was no way I was bottom of the platoon and deserve to be discharged, while others made comment to the plt cmdr's blatant un-fondness of myself.

I am not for one second saying I was God's gift to the army or the perfect cadet, I made mistakes and got things wrong like anyone else. But I don't believe I was that bad I deserved to be discharged and not permitted to continue improving since the back term. Yes as far as the process and case against me to get back termed or discharged they might say it was followed but when I conducted a very good (other peoples words) appointment and got satisfactory and a weak, and others had an average appointment and received goods, it raised questions among others. Again I never said much just kept my going know I was doing better and that's all that matter, because complaining gets you nowhere.
I might not be cut out for the Army but I was a good leader and I know I could have done the job.

Sounds like you had some serious attitude problems. It's the RAF Regiment for you!

He's got enough chips on his shoulders

Not at all I was good friends with most of the foreign cadets and I am of the same ethnic background the Plt Cmdr but I have no real interest or investment in my culture heritage or religion, which I think he might of taken offence to.

Not sure if this is a joke but I wouldn't go for that incase of getting caught and done for integrity

First time around I made mistakes and got on the radar and didn't improve, didn't get many command appointments until it was a summative ex and had to, and then I'd fail. Only time had an external CSgt come assess me I did really well and he was quite happy with my performance but by then the 'evidence' of failed appointments etc was against me and I was back termed. Either way I wanted the back term because I knew I wasn't getting it good enough.

The new CSgt, CSMs or other NCOs have made comments to me that I was good and could be a great officer etc or that had I been discharged (first time) it would have been a crying shame to lose me. My CO and OC both said they liked me and even how I might be a little different. There are experienced members in the platoon including Reserve officers and ex-soldiers who voice their disagreement with the discharge and how there was no way I was bottom of the platoon and deserve to be discharged, while others made comment to the plt cmdr's blatant un-fondness of myself.

I am not for one second saying I was God's gift to the army or the perfect cadet, I made mistakes and got things wrong like anyone else. But I don't believe I was that bad I deserved to be discharged and not permitted to continue improving since the back term. Yes as far as the process and case against me to get back termed or discharged they might say it was followed but when I conducted a very good (other peoples words) appointment and got satisfactory and a weak, and others had an average appointment and received goods, it raised questions among others. Again I never said much just kept my going know I was doing better and that's all that matter, because complaining gets you nowhere.
I might not be cut out for the Army but I was a good leader and I know I could have done the job.

Ah cool well if your mates thought you were a good bloke, and you know that you are a good leader (based on one command appointment you got graded weak on) then you have a cracking case. I'd try and sign back on straight away.

There is a saying in the military about knowing who the course mong is. And more to the point if you don't know who it is.

Seriously though it is quite hard to kick people out of Sandhurst - particularly in this time of low manning. It's not down to a Plt Cmdr, the CSgt must have been of the same opinion, as must the OC. They would have had to have the body of evidence to persuade a the College Comd, and ultimately the Commandant and I think Col Trg. They would have had to persuade a Maj General that you were unsuitable to serve as a junior officer in any Regt, Arm, or Corps - and never would be. This is unlikely to have been on a whim, or on account of a clash of personalities - they must have had a compelling body of evidence that went through several filters.

None of this means you are a bad bloke just that in the opinion of the Army you are unsuitable to serve in it. I got found unsuitable to serve as a Dr after the team medic course so it's not all bad.

Not sure if this is a joke but I wouldn't go for that incase of getting caught and done for integrity....

....I might not be cut out for the Army but I was a good leader and I know I could have done the job.

I'd tend to agree with the comments above. Binning recruits and OCdts is a big deal and does not happen without the CoC being convinced by a compelling case. Further, to be denied the opportunity to rejoin as a soldier or join the reserves suggests a major failing was identified.

Were you given reasons for your SNLR in writing? If so, what were the specific reasons given?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
To the OP.

First off, I'll hold my hand up and say I'm a career civilian, with no experience of Army life. But even I can see from your posts why you might have had problems at Sandhurst. And it's being made pretty clear by far more knowledgeable posters than I that you have zero chance of reversing the decision.

Your future path is now as a civilian and you need to accept that. You have to take a hard, honest look at yourself, realise you were probably removed from Sandhurst for good reason and work on correcting the problems. You also need to start thinking about what civilian career you want and the qualifications you need for success in that. Then you need to crack on and get a job.

You have to stop obsessing about this. Otherwise you'll screw up your civilian career as well as your army one.

Wordsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads