Appealing an RTU decision - Are there options and how can I find them?

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by von_Richthofen, Aug 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Breach of PERSEC;

Thank you for your replies.

2. Von,

This is only my opinion but, when you start appealing in HMF, you are making a rod for your own back, if your appeal is successful I am sure one or two staff just may bear a grudge.

I think you should go back to your unit train &, study repeat this on a daily basis, Apply after the minimum time.

as you know there are some right petty tossers in jobs way above their capability.......just screw the nut, accept it and trance the bastards when you return.

Good Luck

Seb

3. (Wah shield on)The evidence is that you're in constant pain and that it gets worse during exercise and PT. (wah shield off)

4. Plus I think your intentions and Persec have been blown to the RMAS, which may make any successful appeal a little tricky thereafter!!

5. Is it a RTU with a "come back when you're fit" or a straight "Unlucky" ?

6. It's an RTU with come back when you're fixed. But technically, I'm not broken - so how could that call be made?

After the way this has been handled, at the moment I don't see myself wanting to return.

They're well aware of my intentions and I have been nothing but open and honest throughout. I'm just trying to glean others' views on the matter and some possible guidance from an objective standpoint.

7. Von I rather think you have shown your hand, and their decision to RTU has been vindicated by your openness in telling everyone about the pain you are experiencing. If RMAS want to bin you there are numerous ways they can do it. So, I would go with grace and demonstrate Officer qualities, do ask the pointy questions about returning, you do want to know that your RTU is on the basis of fitness, not a lack of competence and an ability to make the transition to that of an officer . And then make sure it is documented! Best of luck.

8. In that case, you have nothing to moan about. They are looking after you, first and foremost( there is something to fix as you feel constant pain which gets worse) plus the four weeks the dr says it will take to heal is only guesstimating. Secondly, if it doesn't get better they are not wasting their own time and effort.

They obviously feel you have what it takes to pass RMAS, hence the offer to return. However, after they have red these two threads I would expect to see your boots in the comd's in-tray sharpish and that offer rescinded.

9. I'm not an Officer, after reading your first paragraph I can see why you're not.

You haven't been dealt a shit hand mate, suck it up, sort your injury out and stop spreading your wares on here.