Appealing an AFCS Lump Sum Award - Any advice ?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by AFCS, Jan 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. guys am looking for advise please. I left the army in 2008 after nine operational tours as infantry. Six in NI & three in Iraq. Since leaving have been very ill with hardly any work. I was awarded a small lump sum under the AFCS but not a War Pension. Feel totally dejected. I attend the Charity Combat Stress at a treatment centre as a short stay in patient for a week three times a year. Which helps and I can't thank CS they have saved my life I would not be there if it was not for them.

    I want to appeal the small lump sum but have been told I have to write into the SPVA at Norcross giving full details on why I want to appeal it.

    I would be better off leaving the UK burning my passport and sneaking back in and would be looked after better as an Asylum Seeker. Has anybody else any joy in doing a PAT (Pensions Appeal Tribunal) & any advise please. Thank you very much indeed.
  2. Spanish_Dave

    Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

    Hi mate, call SPVA

    Freephone 0800 169 22 77 (UK only)
    BT Mobile, Orange, Virgin or 3 mobile, Customers will not be charged for the call by their provider

    0800 169 34 58 Textphone facility (UK only)
    +44 1253 866043 (Overseas)

    Tell them you want your condition to be looked at again as if the causes were before 2005 you may get awarded a war pension, ask your Combat Stress Regional Welfare Officer to help you with the forms or asl for someone from Veterans Welfare service (same number) to help you.

  3. Get in touch with the Legion mate, they are representing me regarding my war pension claim at the moment.
    Telephone Legionline on 08457 725725 or contact by email on Homepage - Welcome to The Royal British Legion - Shoulder to shoulder with all who serve - The Royal British Legion
  4. elovabloke

    elovabloke LE Moderator

    Should receive notification within the month with info on appeal procedure.
  5. They are mate I got my letter and the money hit my Accts (I have two so they split it) within days mate.
  6. You cannot appeal the lump sum, but you can appeal the tariff.

    The best tariff for mental disorders is 8 which currently attracts £40k and 50% GIP.

    You would have to show your condition meets the criteria laid down in the set tariff.
  7. You post this, then in your next post admit that you don't suffer from a permanent severe functional limitation.

    So far all I've read from you is it's the Army's fault, it's younger student's fault, it's employer's fault.

    Ever thought of taking some responsibility for yourself?
  8. Limits you to what?