Appealing against suspension

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by CrazyFretz, Jan 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi everyone,

    I've recently been medically discharged from the army, I failed the medical on the second day of basic training with a shin splint. The shin splint healed within about 2 weeks of being sent home. They put me on 6 weeks paid leave and then called me to come back to finish off my discharge after the 6 weeks were up, and that was last week. So I'm now back in civvie street and I've been told I have to wait 1 year before I can re-apply.

    Would anyone here know if there is anyway of appealing against this 1 years suspension from the services. Maybe even to reduce it to 6 months or so. Has anybody done this before or even tried? I would love to hear what you think.


    P.S. my first post, I think this is in the right section but I'm sure the moderators would sort that out if problem occurs.
  2. I can appreciate that you are frustrated and probably a bit impatient to get back on with it but shin splints are pretty serious and the Doc is doing it not only for your benefit but the services too. If you come back in too early and your legs haven't had chance to sort themselves out, you could be in a situation where your next MD may be permanent. Not only that, you become a burden to whatever unit you go too. If I was you, try and spend the next year doing something useful and productive and above all, don’t do anything that may feck your legs even more.

    Shin splints don’t miraculously 'heal in the space of a month or so. In fact, I don’t think they ever heal; they just don’t get worse if they are properly looked after.

    You got them after a very short time in the services. Again, not a promising start. Most of us have them from years of running around with our houses on our backs.