Appeal AFCS Final Decision - solicitor?

TomDog

Swinger
Hi Team, @dingerr

I am looking to appeal my final decision and would like some guidance in appealing the decision.

Without laying out my case (happy to via PM if needed) I was wondering if anyone can advise on the use of a solicitor or recommend one? There are a few online but nothing that I am confident in. The all state a similar story…

I have been in touch with RBL and they have strongly advised that I appeal and have offered support. However, I really want to offload this to a professional to run with as I find the whole process stressful and disheartening. I am simply going to degrade my health further.

I acknowledge that there will be a cost. I am comfortable with this providing they offer the right service.

In short, the stress this is causing me to fight makes me want to give up. I am sure that wearing me down is way for them to avoid truly acknowledging the right level. That said, I am so frustrated by the discracful VetsUK’s medical advisors view of my well evidenced condition that I feel obligated to fight it to get a fair outcome.

Thank you for your time!

Hi,

I submitted my claim in 2011, and I've just finished it, under a Consent Order.........I've wanted to give up so many times, but that's exactly what they (AFCS) want you to do.

I got through it without legal help, except at the Tribunals, where the RBL were excellent.

I'm far from an expert in legal matters, but after more than a deacade of frustration I'm well versed in dealing with them.

Hang in there.

Oddly, when the Sec of State accepted my service caused my condition (accepted liability), I spoke to Irwin Mitchell about my case and possible ways forward, they weren't interested at all. Their exact words "there's no money in mental health".

This was in 2014, things may well of changed by then..............as I say, RBL were great for me.

Hi,

I submitted my claim in 2011, and I've just finished it, under a Consent Order.........I've wanted to give up so many times, but that's exactly what they (AFCS) want you to do.

I got through it without legal help, except at the Tribunals, where the RBL were excellent.

I'm far from an expert in legal matters, but after more than a deacade of frustration I'm well versed in dealing with them.

Hang in there.
Hi pal,
I have been wanting to get intouch prior until now. I'm exactly at the point of waiting to hear from the courts about what decision the courts make concerning the consent order. I was expecting to go to court but our of the blue, bang..... Consent order..... I decided to take it because I'm struggling bigtime... Carnt face court, cannot go out, flashbacks and certain smells kick it off time after time. I started my claim in 2009.... I just feel it's the final twist of the knife... How long did it take from you excepting the order to payout??? I've been waiting two months already. It's something us ex servicemen/servicewomen aren't very good at..... But it's been 11years in total.... Absolute joke.... Cheers.... Happy new year....

Hi mate,

Took about 12 weeks, the GIP backdated stuff went in on the same day as my normal pension, the lump sum uplift went in about a week later.............I got the letter about the AFIB entitlement about two weeks ago, no payments yet (Vets UK automatically send it for 50% GIP, you can still claim PIP though for lower GIP awards, (I didn't know until now, and it's not guaranteed).

Agree 100% about settling, chances are thet I was offered a Level 8 tariff because AFCS might risk a Level 6 tariff award at Tribunal.

Consent Orders are dealt with out of Chambers by a Judge, if they think your being stiffed then the Tribunal might ask to see your case in Chambers.

It's so tiring, fighting to get Vets UK to see the obvious, infuriating to the point that I began to question whether I even had a case at all.

The mistakes, interpretation and use of evidence would be funny if the stakes weren't so high. I thought Vets UK were created to support Veterans not fight against them, I had a long letter of complaint drafted, but they'd file it in the bin, so can't be bothered to send it.

If nothing else I have some financial security for my family.........knowing I don't have to deal with Vets UK is bonus too.

Hope this helps

Hi there BDO..
Thanks so so much for your quick response. Hopefully I should hear something in the next few weeks. Tell you it's been an absolute nightmare. Been in therapy 5-6 times, EMDR and CBT. Countless different medications and lost employment. When I first put my claim in with help from the social worker at Headley Court I expected it to be drawn out..... Absolutely disgraceful how we are bloody treated. Time after time, you read how they squirm out of the responsibility of Looking after us.

Thanks yet again.

Hi mate,

Took about 12 weeks, the GIP backdated stuff went in on the same day as my normal pension, the lump sum uplift went in about a week later.............I got the letter about the AFIB entitlement about two weeks ago, no payments yet (Vets UK automatically send it for 50% GIP, you can still claim PIP though for lower GIP awards, (I didn't know until now, and it's not guaranteed).

Agree 100% about settling, chances are thet I was offered a Level 8 tariff because AFCS might risk a Level 6 tariff award at Tribunal.

Consent Orders are dealt with out of Chambers by a Judge, if they think your being stiffed then the Tribunal might ask to see your case in Chambers.

It's so tiring, fighting to get Vets UK to see the obvious, infuriating to the point that I began to question whether I even had a case at all.

The mistakes, interpretation and use of evidence would be funny if the stakes weren't so high. I thought Vets UK were created to support Veterans not fight against them, I had a long letter of complaint drafted, but they'd file it in the bin, so can't be bothered to send it.

If nothing else I have some financial security for my family.........knowing I don't have to deal with Vets UK is bonus too.

Hope this helps
Hi There.

I thought I'd get back intouch. I finally had my letter come back from the courts. Thankfully it's been excepted and it's been agreed for Table 3, Item 2, Level 8.
I'm so relieved that things are finally put to bed and on the up. Fingers crossed everything shall fall into order and start the healing process.... I never would of expected it to take 13 years.. Absolutely disgraceful.. Thanks for your message... Take care. Happy New Year ....

Great news, bonkers, people who listen to my case genuinely think I'm making it up

You should get your AFIB entitlement letter soon as well.........mine took a couple of weeks, 5-6 weeks to process according to Vet UK, so probably 2032