Apparently the UK's a 3rd World Country

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Sep 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. Perhaps he means that The United Kingdom is like a curate's egg, good (1st world) in parts.

B

3. Mr_Fingerz

My mistake, I forgot that there isn't a swear word filter on the new site. The man's a ****.

PS Viking = Cnut (used to be a Viking who tried to (allegedly) hold back the tide, whilst at the same time being King of England).

4. At my school we preferred Canute - it sounds 'nicer'. But you're right, he sounds a right canute...

5. Isn't that what most on here have been saying for the past few years?

6. Having flown back into Heathrow in Jun I have to say I tend to agree with the chap. Half of the staff I spoke to could barely cope with English and I don't think a single one was born in the UK. It's easy to see why someone might feel like they've landed in a foreign country.

7. Surely he means Scotland? On a plus side we have loads of kids,and some kids who have their own kids.

8. Mr_Fingerz

Well...... If you're not British, and you're landing at Heathrow, technically, It is a foreign country.

9. You could say that about our NHS too, but it would be fucked without them.

I suppose we're as much of a third world country as the Vatican is a State. He should have kept 'His holymess' back as well.

10. Fucked? Maybe
    Cheaper? Definately

11. Its alright when we say it. Its a serious insult when Johnny Foreigner says it

12. Almost certainly true, just stating a sad fact. Personally speaking, I can live quite happily without Italian Restaurants too.

13. Agreed, might have to keep a few Turk's though. Don't think Britain could survive without kebab shops.

14. With a 4th rate ecomony.