Apparently Service people lose kit.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by re-stilly, Jan 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seems an MP is upset that people lose and break bits of kit, Link. I was always under the impression nothing was squaddie proof, and there was only a certain amount of kit to go round so you "borrowed" off other units to make up the shortfall.
  2. What's the modern version of "Fire at Donnington" or "It went down on the Atlantic Conveyor"?

"Nicked by Afghans"?

3. "Handed to RAF Movers."
    • Like Like x 9
  4. Nothing to see here, just some divvy MP bleating and making herself look more even more stupid than we thought she was to begin with.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Go through your cutlery at home. Got any odd knives, forks or spoons with government type markings on. I know I have and nearly every brew pit I have used in offices etc have them as well. Oh look in the accomodation for late night curry eating tools as well. They are not missing just somewhere else. Dont know about the bayonetts though.

BBC News - MoD 'loses' bayonets from Lympstone training base
  6. Clearly this woman never has odd socks.
  7. Alison Seabeck = muppet.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. You heard it here first, folks.
  9. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

a training depot loses kit - quite amazing.

where do they get bayonets are not weapons from? I thought they were still a starred item when complete. you can replace them in parts and just bash them together to make up the diffy though.
  10. no need to panic, last time I checked we onlyhad 53,000 bayonets on the shelf at Donnington, works out at 15 years worth.

as for not hurting yourself with a training grenade, the journo has clearly never played keepy-uppy with one
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Glad to be of service...
  12. The Army does have a strange sense of perspective, though.

There was more fuss about the 6' spirit level that I lost in Iraq than the Landrover and Conbat that I lost at Otterburn...
  13. These missing bayonets, are they any use as tent pegs?
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Its ok...Ive just found lots of it....on ebay....:)
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Not really, but they make nice picture hooks.
    • Like Like x 1