APP6A Map Symbols

#1
Hi Folks,

Can anyone help me out with finding some APP6a Map Marking symbols in electronic format. I have tried various websites and there doesn't seem to be anything suitable (tried a map symbols site and it was just way too complicated!)

Was hoping that someone might have a set of all of the common symbols made up in word format for easy cutting and pasting into other documents.

any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Cheers
 
#2
Contact BRACKENBURY TDW at Chicksands. They will be able to square you away.
 
#3
The complete APP6A symbology is integral to the Combat interface on Bowman.

It may be theoretically possible to take some screen shots and utilise these by saving them into Open Office and from there into MS Office format.
 
#7
Did you know that it was an RLC major who had a hobby making True Type Fonts that created the original AAP6 Map Symbol fonts - he was in the ARRC at the time as it prepared for Bosnia......
 
#8
I have some sheets of Letraset map symbols that I stole during a visit to 71 Int Sect in 1979, if you want to buy them. PayPal only.
 
#10
The_Cad said:
The complete APP6A symbology is integral to the Combat interface on Bowman.

APP6A symbology in ComBAT is currently incomplete and awaiting further work by GDUK. BCIP5 may rectify some of the issues. Converting ComBAT map symbols via OpenOffice.org is quite honestly a pain in the hoop so my advice is to go to the Tim Mouat website and download them as true type fonts.
 
#11
DigitalGeek said:
The_Cad said:
The complete APP6A symbology is integral to the Combat interface on Bowman.

APP6A symbology in ComBAT is currently incomplete and awaiting further work by GDUK. BCIP5 may rectify some of the issues. Converting ComBAT map symbols via OpenOffice.org is quite honestly a pain in the hoop so my advice is to go to the Tim Mouat website and download them as true type fonts.
And I didnt want to quote the name of the ex RLC Officer with the font creation hobby.......
 
#15
Whiskybreath said:
I have some sheets of Letraset map symbols that I stole during a visit to 71 Int Sect in 1979, if you want to buy them. PayPal only.
Prefer stickies myself....I'll raise you two boxes of viewfoils and a roll of red Lettrafilm from SSVC Minden. consumable items you know, just take in a signed 1033

( some time before I put the UNO pens
and the Dyline machine on Ebay!)
 
#16
I've still got my lovely Bundeswehr-issue Rotring stencil with every conceivable combination of symbol.

Airmobile Sea Assault Parachute Motorised Armoured Ski Commando Mobile Surgical Logistics Regimental Group (+), anyone?

OK just getting it, mine's the anorak.
 
#17
Glad_its_all_over said:
Airmobile Sea Assault Parachute Motorised Armoured Ski Commando Mobile Surgical Logistics Regimental Group (+), anyone?.
Part of 7 SLD at Stettin I seem to recall?
 
#18
subbsonic said:
Glad_its_all_over said:
Airmobile Sea Assault Parachute Motorised Armoured Ski Commando Mobile Surgical Logistics Regimental Group (+), anyone?.
Part of 7 SLD at Stettin I seem to recall?
With a det at Prora, yes.
 
#19
Glad_its_all_over said:
I've still got my lovely Bundeswehr-issue Rotring stencil with every conceivable combination of symbol.
Always found that to use this you had to use superfine lumocolours, and that meant nobody could see the symbols at briefings. I'm with subbsonic, much preferred stickies. I think I've still got a thermothingymachine somewhere which we used to burn them off on, thought it might be useful sometime else for something else.....



continues mumbling quietly in the corner
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top