apealing **

hi everyone im new to this site so if i have posted in the wrong place im sorry ok i have applied to join the english army as an infantry soldier i meet every fitness demand but 3 years ago i had to take one asthma pump out and i havent ever had an asthma attack or even used it im now currently making an apeal and my docter is going to give me a great letter saying that i havent used it and it was only a precaution im also getting my mum to write me a letter stating the same thing..

im just basically asking anyone who has apealed to come forward and please tell me how theres went because if all goes to plan i should be at the selection centre within the next 2-3 weeks.

thanks for your help and time.

English Army?

If your Doc is explicit that the inhaler was for a chest infection and not asthma you should have no problem. You need to make sure that he is indeed explicit about this otherwise the jobsworths in recruit selection will bugger you around.

They seem to automatically consider any use of an inhaler as a diagnosis of asthma which is a 4 year stopper if you don't clarify the point.

Good luck.

OMGIMAGHOST said:
hi everyone im new to this site so if i have posted in the wrong place im sorry ok i have applied to join the english army as an infantry soldier i meet every fitness demand but 3 years ago i had to take one asthma pump out and i havent ever had an asthma attack or even used it im now currently making an apeal and my docter is going to give me a great letter saying that i havent used it and it was only a precaution im also getting my mum to write me a letter stating the same thing..

im just basically asking anyone who has apealed to come forward and please tell me how theres went because if all goes to plan i should be at the selection centre within the next 2-3 weeks.

thanks for your help and time.
so you say you've never had one. I think it's if you have not had a asthma in 3 or 5 years then it's alright.

Good luck anyway mate.

yeah its the english army and i have never ever used the inhaler at all i very fit. so if i tell my docter to absolutely STRESS that the inhaler was precaution and was only for a chest infection and that i have never ever suffered from any shape or form of asthma attack then it should be good?

i definatly havent had asthma for 3 years they said if my apeal doesnt go through that id have to wait til next year because thats when the 4 years of no asthma will be over.. but i just want anyone who has apealed before about asthma to come forward and maybe tell me if the got in easy or got in at all thanks to everyone who has replied again i dotn want to sound repetitive :)

Were working on it though...

OMGIMAGHOST said:
yeah its the english army and i have never ever used the inhaler at all i very fit. so if i tell my docter to absolutely STRESS that the inhaler was precaution and was only for a chest infection and that i have never ever suffered from any shape or form of asthma attack then it should be good?
Clicky here

Too late, this means war...or at best a stiff post card to the Home Secretary...or sod it, indifference...yawn...

Unfortunately because this is a medical appeal, the only person that is qualified to give a definitive answer is the Doctor/SMO that is reviewing your appeal.

The rules and regulations on inhalers/asthma and other chest disorders are very straight forward, 4 years symptom free and inhaler free.

So the worst possible scenario is that you get deferred entry for another year.

However in your case i imagine that the letter from your GP will get a review and you will possibly be allowed to attend selection providing you successfully pass an LFT (Lung function Test) whilst there, this will confirm that you have no asthma and that you are fit to undertake the physical selection without risk.

I personnally can't see it being a problem, but like everything else "The Army reserves the right to reject" and the regulations are in place to enforce that i suppose :)

Oh and Its not British Army either, bearing in mind the proportion of Commonwealth soldiers we now have, its "The Army" :)

You clearly had asthma before as was diagnosed which might suggest why you were prescribed an inhaler.. excuse me if i'm wrong.

4 years clear from prescriptions, signs and symptoms is what is required in that case, so chances are that will be the case for you, unless you're very lucky.

Also, beg my pardon once again if i'm wrong but i'm not sure how seriously they'd take a letter from mummy, she only wants what's best for you

hello , I am at the moment at Pirbright I have been medically discharged, on the second day of arrive , The Doctor told me that my GP have mentioned I had asthma or chest problem and I was given inhaler,

which I remember I spent the whole new years eve at london bright and got home 7 in the morning and I started feeling a breathig problem, and when I called my GP I visted my GP after three days and was given the inhaler,
which i did not know was asthma , and I used it for two day as recommeded by GP,

I have been to pirbright twice for ADSC , and doctors never mentioned any thing there while they all had my medical record from my GP,

I would also like to apeal , but really do not know what to do ,

I wounder If there is any medical test which can let me know if I really had asthma , or was it something else,

I am quite fit , have been running every day 2 miles before i came for my basic traing , but now everthing i have done seems to be wasted ,

I would be very happy if i could speak to you , so we can share what we have in common , thanks ,

If I ever feel wheezy,I reach deep into my TB riddled lungs and dob a nice green dollop of phlegm at the floor.
No need to ring GP and cry!

On a serious note: Just appeal,Get a note from your doctor and you'll be fine.