Apache over Westminster....

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Nehustan, Mar 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

...just wondered if anyone else saw the Apache over Parliament at about 15:15hrs....I thought this is it...this is the day, at last...

...well, maybe not....
  2. Time spent in reconnaissance is rarely time wasted!

3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I thought it was more than one, heard reports of three Apaches.
  4. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Quite possible, I'm used to the double rotor 'phase' of chinooks, but thought 'hmmm, unsual sound' turned around to see one pass above/between buildings (i.e. my field of view not funky flying). If there was more than one they weren't in close proximity, either that or my ears are getting worse...
  5. Couldn't have been "the day" old boy. There is a distinct lack of ammunition for the Apache. Unless the pilots were shouting "BANG! BANG!" then it would have been for aesthetic reasons. That said, maybe the pilots read that the parasites at Westminster have voted themselves an extra £10,000 per year of tax payers money (like the way that everyone else in the public sector didn't get an extra £10,000), managed to acquire some ammo, but were spotted and prevented from launching a coup d'etat by the police using the Terrorism Bill.

Nice to dream though isn't it?
  6. As I'm not a part of the armed forces (yet) I can say with impunity that though I hope the government gets its damned act together, I'm more than happy to be given an excuse to take things in a more heated direction! Westminster is getting a bit too complacent for my liking and when mass protest fails to even register, something looking a bit more like a coup should certainly scare people into understanding the situation more accurately.

7. At precisely 15:00 I saw a gazelle over Parliament, are your recognition skills up to date ? :)

Admittedly I thought I heard an Apache not long after, quite low too (in heli lanes terms)
  8. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

It was definitely an Apache, I've been in a Gazelle...
  9. Definately Apaches - two of the buggers. Saw 'em both wiv me own eyes guv'nor. AAC Collective Training?
  10. Ah, FABLONBIFFCHIT, your remarks take me right back.

I remember that at one point (This would be TA, late 80s) we were so used to shouting 'BANG' that they stopped even telling us, and we stopped feeling entirely ridiculous.... until on ex with the regs, without ammo of course, some bloke came up and said 'ere, wot's all this BANGBANG stuff goin on? People will be thinking we are ridisculpus (sic)...

I've been out of London so long that I think apaches over westminster would probably have scared the Sh1t out of me. Do we yet know the answer?

edited for drunken post-curry mong spelling
  11. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

You did the definitely/definately thing. I hate that, I find myself doing it all the freaking time... :x
  12. Sounds familiar for the late 80s. Of course for automatic fire "Banana Banana Banana" was the phrase of choice!
  13. If only!
  14. What ever happened to "black 'n' deaker" for full auto?
  15. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Still going on in the 21st century, me old fruit. Defending a airfield ins cotland from invading septics, we were wondering why they were not firing. As they got closer we reaslied they had run out of ammo so were shouting bang bang.

As for the thread, i reckon it was a recce...