Apache - into action

Excellent news - first time the British Army has used a Longbow against the French since Agincourt!

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
An MoD spokesman said there were no UK casualties in the operation against insurgents at the weekend.

"A company of about nine troops fired warning shots against the enemy force, largely Taleban," he said.

very small company...

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
chrisg46 said:
An MoD spokesman said there were no UK casualties in the operation against insurgents at the weekend.

"A company of about nine troops fired warning shots against the enemy force, largely Taleban," he said.

very small company...
Nah, I believe that that is standard in these days of under-recruitment and undermanning. Doesn't a regular battalion now have 37 men?

Muttley said:
batus_survivor said:
Excellent news - first time the British Army has used a Longbow against the French since Agincourt!
That was priceless, absolute brilliance.
Well, it would have been if it wasn't factually incorrect.

The bonus about the Battle of Verneuil (17th August 1424) was that the French had the Scottish on their side!!!

p.s. Agincourt 25 October 1415 9 years earlier!! :lol:

I stand corrected.

Although I have had one response from the Air Corps that Milwall fans may have used them as recently as 1984 at the UEFA cup draws, so there you go...

batus_survivor said:
I stand corrected.

Although I have had one response from the Air Corps that Milwall fans may have used them as recently as 1984 at the UEFA cup draws, so there you go...
Millwall fans don't have the opposable thumbs needed to operate a longbow.