Apache - into action

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Red850, May 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. First UK Apache missile launch in anger...to destroy captured French vehicle..

Apache Hellfire

2. was it a UK Apache? It said in a separate incident....are there still US aircraft out there? Dutch (the ones that didn't get blown over?)

3. Double good news Apache first used and againts a french AFV :D

4. As said here, http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=38848#691224

Although I'm sure the lads had wished first blood was more than a Salisbury Plain hulk'a'like!

I'm off to get that pidgeon that sits on the bird table eating the bread left out for the smaller birds,
    .....now where did I leave that speargun!!

It won't be long until it gets a bit more serious, til then gaffaws and chuckling all round!!!!

5. Excellent news - first time the British Army has used a Longbow against the French since Agincourt!

6. The day chivalry died!

7. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

An MoD spokesman said there were no UK casualties in the operation against insurgents at the weekend.

"A company of about nine troops fired warning shots against the enemy force, largely Taleban," he said.

very small company...

8. Nah, I believe that that is standard in these days of under-recruitment and undermanning. Doesn't a regular battalion now have 37 men?

9. That was priceless, absolute brilliance.

10. Well, it would have been if it wasn't factually incorrect.

The bonus about the Battle of Verneuil (17th August 1424) was that the French had the Scottish on their side!!!

p.s. Agincourt 25 October 1415 9 years earlier!! :lol:

11. Careful Sid, you'll be getting a spotters badge if you keep that up.

12. I stand corrected.

Although I have had one response from the Air Corps that Milwall fans may have used them as recently as 1984 at the UEFA cup draws, so there you go...

13. Millwall fans don't have the opposable thumbs needed to operate a longbow.