Apache Down

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Mar 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Aunties website is reporting that an Apache has made a "controlled landing" after the crew smelled fumes in the cockpit.

Can't provide a link as I'm still trying to get to grips with my new laptop :x
  2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

3. Mr_Fingerz

Many thanx for the linky OB
  4. When I saw the thread title I thought fcuk & had visions of a tradegy in the sandpit. Thank fcuk it was just a routine precautionary landing & nobody was hurt.

5. Mr_Fingerz

Apologies for the "red top" header.

I suppose that my main concern is that some bright spark in Main Building will see this as an opportunity to ground the entire fleet for safety checks.
  6. It must be a reeeeeally slow news day today. :roll:

What next? 'Lynx has a minor AFCS snag shocka!'

If that's the case, the tabloids would have 300 pages of the stuff every day.
  7. When AAC officials arrived at the scene, their first comments were

"who the fcuk let Flash drive?"
  8. Mr_Fingerz

Aunty Stella, I very nearly laughed out loud....
  9. Should be a few years before that happens, just see how long it took them to announce the grounding of the Nimrods.
  10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I loved that bit, talk about spinning it. Err the thing was under control at all times, nugget.

What's up for tonight, Truck pulls over on M1 shocker, maybe they could have a foreigner driving it. :roll:
  11. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Barsteward. I had coffee. :D
  12. In other more shocking and dramatic national news, i stubbed my toe 8)

controlled landing? isn't that how they always land them? or are there uncontrolled landings? maybe AI flying?
  13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Occasionally there are uncontrolled landings, they are known as crashes. :oops:
  14. I had a quiet chuckle . . good to know the crew and aircraft are in one piece
  15. Depends who is flying it. I've seen many uncontrolled landings where the chap flying it thinks its entirely normal.

Student carrying out a ropey landing, the QHI remarks "fuck me sir, were we shot down???"

As they say, any landing you can walk away from is a good one. Any landing where you can use the aircraft again is a great one.