Apache clocks up 100,000 flying hours

Ministry of Defence said:
The British Army's Apache attack helicopter has clocked up a landmark 100,000 flying hours, a third of which have been flown on operations in Afghanistan.

More...

Meh. Divide that number by the number of Westland Apache's built (Wikipedia says 67) and you get a not so impressive figure of less than 1,500 hours each. My car has done that commuting to work in the last 18 months; the Westland Apache was introduced into service in 2004, over 7 years ago (Wikipedia again).

Total hours (100,000) divided by number of platforms (67) divided by number of days in 7 years (2555) = ave hours flown per day (0.58 ).

Through life to date, on average each Westland Apache has flown for just over half an hour per day.

Meh. Divide that number by the number of Westland Apache's built (Wikipedia says 67) and you get a not so impressive figure of less than 1,500 hours each. My car has done that commuting to work in the last 18 months; the Westland Apache was introduced into service in 2004, over 7 years ago (Wikipedia again).

Total hours (100,000) divided by number of platforms (67) divided by number of days in 7 years (2555) = ave hours flown per day (0.58 ).

Through life to date, on average each Westland Apache has flown for just over half an hour per day.
My sons says would you do his maths homework for him please?

:)

Yeah, except that not all 67 have deployed or even flown.