Apache Accident

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by h301593, Feb 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A bloke at work got a text from an RLC lad at one of the AAC airfields, apparently an Apache has crashed after hitting power line.... Anyone know anything about this?
  2. Right cheers, searched on google but first 5 pages were about US crashes ages ago.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Maybe, however the UK is where people learn from mistakes. Rather have an emergency in the UK than the middle of Afghan.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Still feckin embarrassing tho!
  5. Yes, it's huge. Might bring down the Corps.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

7. H3

H3 LE

Why is that embarrassing .... The circumstances which have lead up to the power cable being struck aren't known , the airframe may have already been in distress and the Pilot has committed himself to an action to recover from said problem .

He's lucky to have landed safe and in one piece which would be a credit to his training .
    • Like Like x 2
  8. OK
  9. Yebbut, Google's crap though, innit! I used my All Seeing Eye and a bit of telepathy...

They managed to write almost as much about Harry as the crash, even though he wasn't involved :?

It'll be interesting to find out what actually happened (yes, other than an Apache hit power lines).
  10. well said that man..
  11. Christ, it was worse than I thought. Thanks for that VG, but wouldn't you be better off contacting the papers and making some money from your "insider" knowledge instead of giving it away for free here?

I have to admit to a minor sex wee when I read it...
  12. What happened to the good ol' days when Tornados and Harriers would smear themselves all over the countryside?