Apache Accident

A bloke at work got a text from an RLC lad at one of the AAC airfields, apparently an Apache has crashed after hitting power line.... Anyone know anything about this?

Feckin embarrassing tho!
Why is that embarrassing .... The circumstances which have lead up to the power cable being struck aren't known , the airframe may have already been in distress and the Pilot has committed himself to an action to recover from said problem .

He's lucky to have landed safe and in one piece which would be a credit to his training .

Why is that embarrassing .... The circumstances which have lead up to the power cable being struck aren't known , the airframe may have already been in distress and the Pilot has committed himself to an action to recover from said problem .

He's lucky to have landed safe and in one piece which would be a credit to his training .
OK

Right cheers, searched on google but first 5 pages were about US crashes ages ago.
Yebbut, Google's crap though, innit! I used my All Seeing Eye and a bit of telepathy...

They managed to write almost as much about Harry as the crash, even though he wasn't involved :?

It'll be interesting to find out what actually happened (yes, other than an Apache hit power lines).

why is that embarrassing .... The circumstances which have lead up to the power cable being struck aren't known , the airframe may have already been in distress and the pilot has committed himself to an action to recover from said problem .

well said that man..

I have some insider info. It seems that an Apache from Wattisham Airfield hit some power lines then landed in a field nearby so any damage could be assessed before recovery.
Christ, it was worse than I thought. Thanks for that VG, but wouldn't you be better off contacting the papers and making some money from your "insider" knowledge instead of giving it away for free here?

Exciting stuff isn't it.
I have to admit to a minor sex wee when I read it...

Useless **** pilot-power lines are ****ing big- RTU the ******.

I have some insider info. It seems that an Apache from Wattisham Airfield hit some power lines then landed in a field nearby so any damage could be assessed before recovery.

Exciting stuff isn't it.
Call out the Monkeys, VG has gone all Julian Assange on us. Next thing he'll be saying that morale is rock bottom. His insider knowledge could bring us all down. I've probably said too much...