• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Apache A64 Killing Video (graphic content)

B

Biscuits_AB

Sorry mate, it may look great to you, but glorifying the death of fellow human beings isn't exactly the ethos of the British Army now is it?

It sends out the wrong message.

Compare with the case of Pte Clegg:

Exactly what threat were they exhibiting?
Was it necessary to do anything other than destroy/disable the vehicles?
Are the coalition forces portrayed as decent, honourable, and just people or callous crusaders?
If that had been an AAC gun camera how quickly would SIB have paid a visit?

Killing for fun kills a little bit of your soul and washes away some of your honour every time you do it.

You need to see the whole footage (about 15 minutes long). You may see that the site with Harry Boomers link is being a bit selective. The footage on the link just shows the result not the reason.

Not quite so innocent tractor and truck. :wink:

i can not seam to get this link working howver if this is the video that i have seen before then despite what the Iraqies were doing the killing of wounded men is in no way acceptable

The Lord Flasheart said:
You need to see the whole footage (about 15 minutes long). You may see that the site with Harry Boomers link is being a bit selective. The footage on the link just shows the result not the reason.

What were they doing then

The Lord Flasheart said:
Longer clip

This may give a bit more information.

(Its about 12mb so you pikies without broadband will have to try and watch it through Dixons window).
The site mentions 30mm Howitzer rounds, not a chain gun, or are the spams suddenly buying their weaponry from Toy'R'Us now?

The guys were not "so innocent" if you watch the clip you can clearly see them going back for a RPG! I dont agree with it, but if they were a threat to me in my nice jellycopter who knows........

Biscuits_AB said:
Sorry mate, it may look great to you, but glorifying the death of fellow human beings isn't exactly the ethos of the British Army now is it?

It sends out the wrong message.
I thought that this was well worth reposting in the thread. 'Kin spot on!

MsG

B

Biscuits_AB

The Lord Flasheart said:

None the less Flash, we shouldn't be showing it on this site. Other sites may get their kicks from it, but parading it here on ARRSE, shows us in the eyes of others as something we are not. Showing just the 'edited' bit merely highlights the beliefs others have of us.

It's just not British Old Chap.

I saw this clip before first saw it on someones laptop .Dont really want to see it again .Does anyone know where i can find
out about this incident ?

Flasheart is right. In the full length version you get to see what looks to be missile\rocket launcher being handled and passed around. In fact in the footage off that site you can see one of the targets tearing the cover off it trying to get it prepped before being hit. There was nothing innocent about the activities being filmed through the sights.

Latest Threads