AOSM Military Knowledge

GlasgowCross

Swinger
Hello guys,

I have my AOSB Main Board at the end of April.

Can anyone help with putting together a portfolio of material about Military Knowledge we can all use to prepare for Main Board please? It would be great if anyone who has passed Main Board already could contribute with the information they know are needed to answer the questions about the British Army!

Thank you!

Aye!

Hello guys,

I have my AOSB Main Board at the end of April.

Can anyone help with putting together a portfolio of material about Military Knowledge we can all use to prepare for Main Board please? It would be great if anyone who has passed Main Board already could contribute with the information they know are needed to answer the questions about the British Army!

Thank you!

Aye!
Your age as seen in your avatar is 45, i assume you are a civilian, if not and are a SNCO about to be, possibly commissioned, you should already have a full working knowledge of the British army...... Are you a journalist?

GlasgowCross

Swinger
Your age as seen in your avatar is 45, i assume you are a civilian, if not and are a SNCO about to be, possibly commissioned, you should already have a full working knowledge of the British army...... Are you a journalist?
Not at all - I am a reservist in the RROS. I would like to learn as much as possible about the Army as a whole and not just about my Battalion/Regiment - which I know well indeed. Also - not knowing what they are going to ask I feel a little apprehensive and I would rather be over-prepared than under-prepared. Thank you!

Not at all - I am a reservist in the RROS. I would like to learn as much as possible about the Army as a whole and not just about my Battalion/Regiment - which I know well indeed. Also - not knowing what they are going to ask I feel a little apprehensive and I would rather be over-prepared than under-prepared. Thank you!
If you’re serving in the reserves speak to your Local Army Education Centre, see if you can enrol on some of the military knowledge courses, they’ll give you a good flavour of who does what.

BdrBeaumont

Swinger
No problem. There is no point wasting time revising for something you won’t get assessed on (unlike one other candidate on my course). You’re better off preparing for the Plan Ex! I was successful! Good luck to yourself!

Edit: Having said this, it is a good idea to have better than average knowledge of the military so swatting should still be part of your preparation. But, you can do so without the pressure of getting tested on it at least!

Last edited:

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
If you have a defence gateway account, goto the DLE the find the Military Knowledge Office. Email them for MK JOTAC access explaining why.