AOSB Waiting Times

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Simsydav, Jul 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry to make another thread on top of the one before.

I applied in March, and was told by the Officer there to expect an AOSB Breifing in July, and the Main Board (if I passed the briefing) in August.

I eventually got my medical stuff sent off around the 10th of May - later than they wanted in the letter, as my surgery spent about 3 weeks filling it in, and from what I could see just countersigned what I had written.

I received a letter back saying that I have been approved for the selection process in early June, and have a visit to the Engineer Regiment on the 13th of July. But I havent heard anything back regarding the AOSB Breifing date.

How far in advance do you receive a letter giving you your AOSB dates?
    Thanks

2. I knew nearly a month, to two months before my briefing date. But i chased up my medical forms quickly and my GP filled it in 3 days after i gave it to him. If you are worried just get in contact with your sponsor.

As for main board i heard if you get a Cat1 you usually wait 8weeks anyway as they must do your backround check etc.

EDIT - you did in your initial interview sit down with your sponsor and pick two dates you would like to bid on right?

3. From sending my completed forms (medical, security, references etc) to receiving a confirmed Main Board date was 5 weeks.

4. Right ok, Ill give them a ring now then. At the interview in March I didnt pick out specific dates, but he said 'sometime in July, main board shortly after'.

Will try them now.
    Thanks!

5. Ah apparently I had been sent an email on the 10th of June, but it must have gone into my junk folder which I almost never check.

I now have a date for the 21 and 22 of September. Gives me more time to work on my push ups and hurdles at least!

6. Well good luck with it then :thumleft: