AOSB Tests scrapped?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by theEnd, Jun 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Friends,

The AOSB website suggests that the Military, General and Current Affairs tests have been scrapped at Main Board, and replaced with:

MAP test re-take and; MAT tests.

I'm familiar with MAT tests. Most graduate employers in industry use them. Using 200 questions, they basically find out negative traits about you without you realising, all information voluntarily submitted. Also your positive traits too but I doubt Westbury will pull you up on your strengths.

However, the JI's suggest the old computer tests are gone and replaced with these two?

The MAP test I am happy about, I didn't do well in my briefing, and at Main Board weaknesses were found to be related to my MAP, so I am thankful I can improve here.

Anyone got any info on this?

Kind regards,

2. Do you have a link to the site?
  3. First time ive heard of this too. Please, could you provide a source?
  4. If you look on the PDF document for Main Board on the Army website, you will see the wording has been changed and no longer says about the service knowledge, current affairs and general knowledge. It now says about personality and memory & attention tests as well as the MAP test
  5. Ah, I see, they've changed the wording and the three tests are lumped in under 'WRITTEN TESTS'. Slightly confusing.

Anyone with recent appearance at Main Board got any insight, might be helpful, especially given the extra tests and time constraints.

6. oh good cos the gen knowledge Q's were nails.
  7. Does anyone know where you can find sources to improve on the MAP tests such as books or other resources which enable you to do better on the psychometric tests that you have to take at main board? I have bought 'How to Pass Psychometric Tests' and found it interesting and good but not that much use. I need to have one that has more examples for me to try and get my score up at main board as this was the area which i was weak at.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
  8. Look on the army website at the examples so you know what sort of questions they ask and then go look in a book store. Compare the questions to see if they are similar.