AOSB prep for a serving soldier.

Army_Rizzle

War Hero
After being recommended for commissioning on my latest SJAR my boss has come up with an "action plan" that I'm currently working through. Essay writing, public speaking, exercise planing etc.

I know my weakest area is mental arithmetic, especially with quick fire speed/distance/time questions. Currently an area I'm working the hardest to improve.

My question to all those that can remember their AOSB and especially to those who commissioned from the ranks is do you have any pointers for me? Any particular areas I should concentrate on?

Also, is a serving soldier treated the same as, graded the same as a civilian who is attending AOSB.

Regards,

A_R

MrHappy

Clanker
I've been through the whole process. It's good to get some practice in at these things, but as long as you dont mess up at AOSB Briefing you will most likely be given a slot on the Potential Officers Development Course where they will give you all the help you need to have a good crack at AOSB Main Board. Whilst you're at AOSB, the assessor won't even know you are military (although they can probably work it out pretty quickly) so that you are graded the same as the civvi's who turn up.

Mental arithmatic becomes important when you're doing the planning exercises. Practising Speed, Distance, Time calculations is a good idea. PM me if you need anything else. If I don't know then I'll know someone who will.

spaz

LE
@Army_Rizzle have you considered going on a PAAB? I imagine it would be a useful experience for you. Also ask around for tiffy dilemmas, they're no different to the planning exercises you'll be asked to complete.

Army_Rizzle

War Hero
Spaz, I have been getting smashed with tiffy dilemmas, no mention of PAAB, can't imagine I would be allowed on it in my line of work? Currently on the AASAA course, which strangely enough is helping with further development in regards to public speaking/briefing. I have an interview with the CO after Summer stand down and then hopefully be loaded onto AOSB.

spaz

LE
Spaz, I have been getting smashed with tiffy dilemmas, no mention of PAAB, can't imagine I would be allowed on it in my line of work? Currently on the AASAA course, which strangely enough is helping with further development in regards to public speaking/briefing. I have an interview with the CO after Summer stand down and then hopefully be loaded onto AOSB.

Rizzle all REME tradesmen can apply for a PAAB, those not in a feeder trade must discuss motivation for doing so with Glasgow first. It's all in Corps Instruction E5. If your CoC is supportive and there was a vacancy on the course I don't see how you wouldn't benefit from it.

Who. The feck. Has recommended you?!!!!!

:)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Army_Rizzle

War Hero
I'll look into it Spaz, cheers.

Sparky, fully supported by a friend of yours ;)

Latest Threads