AOSB Pass - Graduate Careers

Knowledgeable many; there's been a number of reports of graduate recruiters who will offer those with an AOSB pass an automatic pass at the 1st stage interviews.

Does anyone have any evidence to support these reports?

Yes, the graduate recruiters set up their stall at the end of the Reserve commissioning course at Sandhurst.

Last edited:
The idea is that you have the 'right sort of stuff' if you pass the reserves commissioning course so they will give you a leap-frog over the 1st round of interviews.

It was mainly large employers and I think we were asked not to name any names as it is a bit of an experiment at the moment.

I think it makes sense and anything which helps to sell the ResCC has to be good news.

The idea is that you have the 'right sort of stuff' if you pass the reserves commissioning course so they will give you a leap-frog over the 1st round of interviews.

It was mainly large employers and I think we were asked not to name any names as it is a bit of an experiment at the moment.

I think it makes sense and anything which helps to sell the ResCC has to be good news.
And then work you so hard that you forget that fanciful notion of "free" weekends in which to do AR stuff.

Prob saves some money in working out who can use their brain under pressure. I work for a big company (15000+) and our management course covers some of the tasks done at Westbury. Saying that, some of the utter choppers the Army thinks make good leaders, I would only use AOSB as an indicator.

Prob saves some money in working out who can use their brain under pressure. I work for a big company (15000+) and our management course covers some of the tasks done at Westbury. Saying that, some of the utter choppers the Army thinks make good leaders, I would only use AOSB as an indicator.
They are only using it as an indicator. You get a bye for the first round of interviews, not a job.

And then work you so hard that you forget that fanciful notion of "free" weekends in which to do AR stuff.
1. Its a good idea to promote Reserve CC.

2. It is another example of the belief that the Employers' interests coincide with that of the Army's. Employers have no vested interest in whether the (eventual) employee remains a reservist or not. The AOSB and Res CC are just saving employers the cost of the initial sifting and selection process.

Cheers easy!

I had a feeling it might be a bit hush hush as to who is involved; I can imagine the non-DS solution answer to "why do you want to come and work at xxx?" as being "Well I got to hurdle the 1st round interview didn't I".

All informative info, thanks.

Goodness me, quite a sensible idea to encourage reserve officer recruiting.

As a manager of graduates, I agree that I would not employ some reserve junior officers if forced to at gun point but having a bye to a second interview is a good incentive.