AOSB paperwork

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Gosamyr, Feb 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I currently have two fam. visits booked for March and April having passed Briefing in January, ideally I would like to start the paperwork now, is it possible to apply to MB without a regimental sponsor?
  2. Only two (of eight) in my main board group had regimental sponsors. The rest were sponsored by their ACA, even though all had already visited various regiments/corps.

It's probably worth going on some fam visits anyway unless you have any urgent need to complete main board. It may help you complete the board in the long run as a lot of regiments give helpful bits of information or command task practice on the visits.
  3. My understanding is that all that is required is that there are regiments interested in you by the time you start Sandhurst.
    However, as jew_unit said, it can be immensely useful to have a at least made contact with a regiment before your Main Board as many offer to "coach you" to a greater or lesser extent. For instance offering to mark practice planning exercises.
    Sounds like you're going about things the right way with the visits you have lined up.

Best of luck.
  4. Yes, is the short answer.