Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AOSB Obstacle Course

Anyone know how high the hurdles/wall are, I keep getting different measurements everywhere.

Also, as a vertically challenged individual (about 5'5" M), how fucked am I if I can't do either of these obstacles?

Anyone know how high the hurdles/wall are, I keep getting different measurements everywhere.

Also, as a vertically challenged individual (about 5'5" M), how fucked am I if I can't do either of these obstacles?
You can’t change your height, so why does it matter?
The question is, how big are the walls at RMAS, Cilieni Village, Estonia, Afghan? (Bigger than westbury’s).
Start training your upper body, plenty of pull ups will help you out.
Don’t train for the test in front of you, train to be well rounded enough to meet any obstacle/test.
eg. Don’t train just to pass the PFA, build a solid foundation that the army can build on.

I’m 5’7” and I was fine.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Practice this...

In all honesty, getting over obstacle fences/walls is nothing to worry about, you are not expected to be superman/woman, they are all doable for a reasonably fit person. I seem to recall in basic training that they were 6' and 12'. The 6' isn't hard and the 12' was a team effort.

There are basically two types of obstacle; those that require team effort, and those that can be achieved by an individual on their own.

Practice what he said above, and for the team effort one's make sure you are at the front so you get assistance from others getting to the top. Then once you are at the top you position yourself to grab and help up others - you don't just bugger off, or no one will help you next time.

Nothing to worry about if you are reasonably fit and have done some practice in technique. Check out the parkour thing, it will help with technique for walls and other obstacles. My lad did it at school with his geeky mates, he is ordinarily as coordinated as a kack handed giraffe and managed parkour quite impressively with practice.

You can’t change your height, so why does it matter?
The question is, how big are the walls at RMAS, Cilieni Village, Estonia, Afghan? (Bigger than westbury’s).
Start training your upper body, plenty of pull ups will help you out.
Don’t train for the test in front of you, train to be well rounded enough to meet any obstacle/test.
eg. Don’t train just to pass the PFA, build a solid foundation that the army can build on.

I’m 5’7” and I was fine.
This is really, good sound advice

Latest Threads