AOSB Obstacle Course

Crossface

Old-Salt
Hi All,

Can anyone confirm if the Individual Obstacle Course at AOSB is still separated as Male/Female or if there is now just one standard course, in line with the new fitness standards?

Thanks!

Hi All,

Can anyone confirm if the Individual Obstacle Course at AOSB is still separated as Male/Female or if there is now just one standard course, in line with the new fitness standards?

Thanks!
I wasnt aware it was. Did it 7 years ago. Only thing I can say is that there is no quarter given to short arses.

Burmese

Crow
Hi All,

Thanks!
Yes, when I was at AOSB in March, the ladies have a different obstacle course with smaller obstacles.

Why do you struggle with the rules of this board so much? @The_Duke

To keep things accurate and relevant- I spoke with my sister who attended AOSB in February. It is the same obstacle course for male and female applicants
Yes, when I was at AOSB in March, the ladies have a different obstacle course with smaller obstacles.
It would appear that someone is wrong. As is so often the case, the OP should go to the source and not rely on some Internet randomers.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
It would appear that someone is wrong. As is so often the case, the OP should go to the source and not rely on some Internet randomers.
The OP would be better served by accepting whatever they're faced with and getting on with it. It really makes no difference whether the assault course is unisex or not, though an assessor might mind it interesting that the OP thinks it does if he draws attention to it.

Crossface

Old-Salt
The OP would be better served by accepting whatever they're faced with and getting on with it. It really makes no difference whether the assault course is unisex or not, though an assessor might mind it interesting that the OP thinks it does if he draws attention to it.
OP is actually a female looking to confirm whether the standard had changed, from a first-hand source (i.e. others who have been through the process) as the joining instructions are not explicit.

Why do you struggle with the rules of this board so much? @The_Duke

To keep things accurate and relevant- I spoke with my sister who attended AOSB in February. It is the same obstacle course for male and female applicants
Defintively, both you and your sister are wrong, it isn’t the same for males and females. The female obstacles are smaller and in one case require a slightly different technique to get over the obstacle in the most efficient way.

Last edited:

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
OP is actually a female looking to confirm whether the standard had changed, from a first-hand source (i.e. others who have been through the process) as the joining instructions are not explicit.
And, whatever the answer is, just what exactly does she propose to do about it?

My advice to any candidate would be to enjoy it, give everything a 100% and not worry about things they can't control. Overthinking the process is almost certainly a mistake.

halloumikid

Old-Salt
They are different. At least they were last week!

Edited to add: they are the same course, but different sizes! Psychobbabble is correct.

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Could it be that both are right and the DS might not always split the cadre?

Are people here maybe getting mixed up with the main obstacle course and the Individual obstacle course

Chimp

ADC
When I did mine 36 years ago I would describe the course as gender neutral - I dimly remember that it was coloured red and green. Had it been blue or pink I think the courses identity could have been discerned more easily.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
When I did mine 36 years ago I would describe the course as gender neutral - I dimly remember that it was coloured red and green. Had it been blue or pink I think the courses identity could have been discerned more easily.
As it was so long ago, are you sure that you are not getting it confused with the colour blind test book?

Chimp

ADC
As it was so long ago, are you sure that you are not getting it confused with the colour blind test book?
I remember going under a red pole which the DS seemed to like and got me a ROCO pass so you could be correct.

Wrong.
Same course.

As someone who acts as a Board member I guarantee you 100% that it’s not the same course.
You may be getting confused with the final obstacle race, which is done as a team, but the individual obstacle courses are separated for gender and one of the obstacles can be achieved using an easier technique for females.