AOSB obstacle course info??

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Kiwi_110183, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have AOSB main board in a few months and need to negotiate the hurdles and long jump that form part of the obstacle course (didn't manage this at the Briefing).

Does anyone know the measurements of these for women??

I have asked AOSB directly but they can't release the info.

Thanks guys!

2. No intention of sounding self righteous but why don't you try the search function? absolute masses of information on Arrse; some relevent and some not so.

Edit- Like you I also had some trouble with the obstacle course, notably the wall and hurdles, so I feel your pain!

3. I'll swap them for your measurements ;)

4. I think the hurdles were the same for all. It's not the height of the hurdles that caused the problems. It was the length of the coveralls; they managed to give me a mahoosive pair, it was amusing for everyone else. :D

I take it, as you seem worried about hurdles and long jump, you are somewhat vertically challenged? I can't remember the exact height of the hurdles but I managed to pass it and I'm a dwaff! Your best bet is to train using different height hurdles at different distances.

Have you been on any practice briefings/tests with a sponsor unit?

5. I completed Main board a few months ago, and dont worry too much about the obstactle course. Just give it your best shot and you will be fine. You have 3mins to complete the whole course at least once so just take you time on the ones you find harder and you will be ok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.