AOSB obstacle course info??

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Kiwi_110183, Jan 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have AOSB main board in a few months and need to negotiate the hurdles and long jump that form part of the obstacle course (didn't manage this at the Briefing).

Does anyone know the measurements of these for women??

I have asked AOSB directly but they can't release the info.

Thanks guys!
  2. Tennis nets are about the right height.
  3. There's potential for some savage entanglement/face planting into the tennis court though. I wouldn't recommend practicing on that 8O.

4. but it makes it more fun, especially for people watching......
  5. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Don't worry about it. As long as you are reasonably fit and agile, you will pass the physical tests. You do not need to be an Olympic athlete. You do need to do a variety of different physical exercises for about 40 minutes at least four times a week. I would recommend running, swimming, circuit training, cycling and/or a ball sport, but you could substitute martial arts training sessions for the swimming and ball sport. If you can't be arsed to do this, you'll fail.
  6. It's like a 7 obstacle assault course that you should be able to do if you think you could perform in the Army. Don't worry about it!