AOSB Medical Clearance

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by sammy d, May 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there!

just got a letter through from my sponsor saying that i got my medical clearance from Westbury to attend the Briefing.

However

I then got a letter from Westbury saying that they wanted to speak to me when i attend the briefing, due to a concussion and subsequent dizzyness i got about 3 years ago. does this mean they could still reject me?

Thanks!

2. In theory you can be rejected at any point prior to commissioning. I remember when I went to Sandhurst that there were people who got binned in the first week of the course on medical grounds. In your case, they probably just need to ask a few confirmatory questions.

In short, stop worrying, not much you can do about it one way or the other. Just do your best and tell the truth.

3. Don't be too worried!
    I had shin problems a few years ago, received a medical clearance letter ike the one you mentioned, then another telling me they wanted to have a word about the legs.
    Provided you get a cat 1-3 and don't get binned, you'll be told to go to the medical part of the place and speak to a doc. If the dizzy spell hasn't been an issue, speak to them frankly about it and say just as much. Shouldn't be a bother at all. Don't panic :) There were plenty of lads and ladies filtering in and out of the place at the end when I went! Mind you a couple got shafted because they had history of asthma I think. One had a weird thing with their heart. One had skin problems. But more or less it seemed to go ok.

4. I've got the same because I had asthma as a kid, need to do some vo2 max tests on a bike, but I shouldn't worry about it.

5. I had the same. They just go through it with you. Ask you for your circumstances around the time and ask if you still have any problems with it.

It literally takes 2 minutes.