AOSB mainboard

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by MalEnfant, May 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have just been told that as of now MAP testing will be at the mainboard as well as briefing...oh joy, thought I'd give a heads up for those who, like me, were told at briefing that you'd only have to do it once.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but at least we know what to expect now and can prepare!

2. crumbs that a pain.

I have my main board coming up at the end of next month, but did the briefing last december...are you sure?
  3. Heard it from the horses mouth so to speak, however, it may be starting from now in relation to briefing dates, so because you did yours last year you might be alright. Might be worth giving your ACA or sponser a call
  4. thank you very much I will check up on that quickly!
  5. No worries and best of luck with the mainboard!
  6. msr

msr LE

MAP testing?
  7. Multi-aptitude
  8. Who told you this? It is going to be a right pain in the tush to have to do it again :x

9. Tell me about it, my ACA told me today, apparently its only recently been decided on.

I had my briefing a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't mentioned but she's insistent that we will be tested again.
  10. msr

msr LE

Thanks for the really informative reply :roll:

11. Apologies, MAPs are 3 tests on numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and abstract reasoning which are supposed to test all aspects of your brain under exam room conditions.

They're very nasty and you only get something like 12 mins to answer each section. Up until recently you only needed to do it at the briefing and the score goes with you to mainboard but now they're bringing it in at mainboard too. Not nice!
  12. You do know it stands for Mental Aptitude Profile, don't you?

Seems strange to repeat it. I thought the concept behind it was that it tests your innate intelligence, hence why it was used as an initial filter at the briefing stage.
    I suppose it give candidates who screwed it up at the Briefing a second chance to prove their capabilities, and an average an be established.
  13. Oh and don't bother freaking out over the MAP tests. They aren't that bad. It's not uncommon to not be able to complete the and people often feel they did terribly only to be told later they were above average.

I still maintain that if you could get the right answer to some of those ridiculous non-verbal reasoning problems, you'd be automatically failed on the basis of some abnormality of the brain!
  14. To be fair it's the sort of thing once you pass it once, you should pass it again, your grasp on language/maths/abstract isn't going to change hugely. I wouldn't worry!!
  15. like me :p