AOSB Main Board - Tips please

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by laneyslaney, Sep 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am in the process of joining the TA as a PQO. I have passed an initial board & I am expecting to attend main board in October.

1. Given that it is in the week will this be the same board as regulars or will be all older TA PQO's (concerned that I will look crap on the races if I am having to compete with 20 somethings given I am on the wrong side of 40 and too fat)?
    2. What tips can you suggest and resources that are available for improving my chances?
    3. Can I get fit enough in four weeks (I can run 12 minute miles for 6 miles, do 70 press ups, 50 situps and a beep test of 7.6)?
    4. How can I practice leader command tasks and is there a format for giving your team the briefing?
    5. Anybody got details about the IQ tests?
    6. Where can I practice essay writing (and have it appraised) and how long is the AOSB essay?
    7. Where can I practice the planning exercise?

Just looking for some help really please!
  2. What is your PFA time? I'll tell you now that if I had an officer doing 12 minute miles I'd make him go to the gym before doing anything else.