AOSB Main Board Aptitudes

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Bossman31, Jun 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got my Main Board in a few weeks. On top of most everything but alas my Aptitudes at Briefing weren't great. I got a 'below average' score and I know this transfers over. I was wondering does anyone know how this will affect me. I just finished Uni with a 2.1 and I'm a fairly smart fellow but the aptitudes are just tough for me. Are they the be all and end all or does a good performance overall carry over? I know the standard spiel about no ''there's no definitive part of MB, its an overall performance etc'', but I am wondering if another below average or average score in the Apts would cost me regardless of the rest?

2. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

The MAP score isn't a 'be-all and end-all' but they are an important component in setting your 'Intellectual Potential' score. This is a combination of your MAP profile, your educational attainment and your observed performance during the board, including at interview. A 'below average' score in the MAP isn't disastrous, provided you can demonstrate a level of intellectual ability elsewhere. The answer, as always, is to give it your best shot at the Board.

In the meantime, there is no harm in practising some IQ tests in order to get your brain working along the right lines.

3. Hello,
    Having searched to no avail, can somebody confirm whether or not the MAP tests as carried out on Briefing are once again on Main Board? I've heard conflicting reports, with some saying yes and some saying it is just the General/Military Knowledge multiple choice exams.
    Thanks

4. You have to do them again according to my ACA, AOSB website and everyone I have spoke to who has done MB. Also at MB you have extra psychometric tests and memory tests. In total you have 5 tests to measure your practical aptitude rather than the 3 at Briefing. You do all those tests first and then do your general knowledge, service knowledge tests.

5. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

You do the basic aptitude test at Briefing (verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning) and again at the Main Board, with the addition of a psychometric profile and a 'decision efficiency' test.