AOSB Main Board 24th-27th of April

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by sammy-j-d, Apr 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anybody's on this main board? If so how are you feeling about it, with preparation etc?

Cheers!

2. Hello,

Yes, I'll be attending this one. Pretty anxious already. Just can't wait to get there and put everything into practice now. How about yourself?

3. That's exactly the same with me! Looking forward to it though; my friends who have been say its a really enjoyable week. Are you staying down in Westburty tomorrow night?

4. good luck guys.

5. cheers mate!

6. Good luck guys

7. Got back from MB a short while ago. Was tough at times but still managed to enjoy myself. How did you find it sammy-j-d? Which syndicate were you in?

8. I just got an email confirming my main board in July. Any advice from the day?

I.e. any tips, the format of the days.

Thanks.

9. DMan, hope these links are helpful,

here is the official main board itinerary http://www.army.mod.uk/documents/general/AOSB_Main_Board.pdf, and you can also find a short video at Join as a Regular officer - British Army Website .

http://www.arrse.co.uk/regular-officer-recruiting/162211-aosb-task-task-advice.html is a pretty good thread on tips etc. Otherwise just go through these pages and there are lots of threads asking nearly every question you can think of. Just trawl through them or use the search function , and there are some pretty helpful answers with the usual mix of banter and some less helpful ones.

It has been said on here before and usually gets a mention on these sort of threads “What did we do in the days before the internet”, but some general advice and using the official army web pages I think should be recommended, as much as keeping up to date with current affairs etc. Just don’t become to obsessed or expect people to spill the exact details of what happens at AOSB as you are actually told not to whilst there, and that you have to remember you cant always trust the reliability of the source on a forum like this.

10. Thanks JC110.

I have read that forum before so will just recap later.

From my briefing the only feedback I had was to work on my fitness, so will concentrate on that for the next 2 months.

Dman.

Sent from my iPad using ARRSE app

11. Alright chaps. I had such a good time; i have since found out that i passed and have my place at Sandbags booked for September 14 when i finish uni! Dman if you want any tips i'd be more than happy to offer my help, as it's all still fresh in mind.

Sammy12 i was in black group number 54. I was also vice president at the dinner. Yourself?

12. Well done Sammy-j-d, 2 years at uni will breeze by.

13. It has come to my attention that the vice-president has removed his jacket before requesting permission to do so...

14. For someone whose never done mainboard...what does this entail? Congrats by the way!!!!