Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, basically I didn't realise that my aosb cv had to be returned within 14 days. It has now been double that time and I've completed it. What do I do now though? Does this mean I will have to start the process again? Or should I send it off and see what happens? Has anyone been in this situation?

Thanks

2. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Whatever you do, at some point I suspect you'll need a convincing answer to the question; "Why are you an incompetent cnut who can't follow simple instructions?"

I would submit it in a very apologetic, lesson-learned and generally humble sort of way and not make the same mistake again.

3. The office bods aren't going to write "****" in red across the top. However, I suggest you move a bit faster next time.

4. Thank you for the quick responses. I have no excuse really and shall attach a very apologetic tail between the legs letter along with the rest of the paper work.

5. From your synopsis FF he seems well qualified for the Army in general, and to be an officer in particular.

6. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

That's a very cynical view Mister Baynet, though the thought did cross...

P.S. To the OP - resist any temptation to make any sort of excuse - it will not be believed and you will compound your error.

• Like Like x 1