AOSB course.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by stripe, Sep 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I am new to this forum and ready to kick off my first topic.

I will be having my main board in "2 months or so", though I've got some areas I need tidying up on - mainly planning exercises, which I was told was poor. I'm keen to gain the best possible mark at AOSB and I noticed a course advertised that apparently helps candidates that want to pass main board.

Has anybody here paid for a course to better their chances at AOSB and is this something that is a good idea to look into?

Thank you.

2. I call 'wah'.

Seriously though, for fucks sake DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THESE PEOPLE. Why the **** would you bother? I'm glad I hadn't read all these threads before I went for my AOSB, I would have been absolutely bricking it.

The sole extent of my preperation for AOSB was going for a couple of runs, reading the telegraph every day for a week and doing the practice plan Ex Winter Aid on the train to westbury.

I passed. Job done.

3. I agree. Why would you want to waste money on those courses. Waste of money. The best tips you get for Main Board are from Briefing, Regiments/Corps, and fellow candidates.

Its just as Switchback said, MB is Phys, Current Affairs, Mental Arithmetic and just use the old brain.

Do not panic, these threads make things seem 10 times worse. But people pass without the aid of this forum or the internet etc, not to mention courses! What would be the point in the selection process if you went ahead a did a bloody dress rehearsal before AOSB...only to find things are done very differently at Westbury.

Have faith in old fashioned preparation...thats what I did and I passed.

Go for it and Good Luck!

4. I should point out I play a lot of sport so was fit enough that I only needed a few runs to practice for the bleep test, if I hadn't already been fit enough I would have spent a decent amount of time on training specifically for it. I will however be doing more than a few runs in preperation for starting at the RMAS!

OP, you actually point out that the AOSB has already told you what they think you need to work on, and if you have a good search of this forum you will find plenty of practice plan exercises to swot up on before you go. If you find anything such as mental maths hard then practice that! Obvious stuff really.

Good luck.

5. Ha! I suspected this. I'll look forward to my regiment's 'debrief' going forward.

Cheers