AOSB Briefing

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Shaka_Zulu, Nov 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I find this forum very useful. I will be attending my AOSB in 6 weeks time…. I am afraid I haven’t been running due to an injury. I have only just recovered and need to be able to run the 1.5m or the beep test in 10.5Min or less.

I know it is not an easy task but as a potential officer there are no excuses and no other way out.

Any fitness Gurus out there who can advice on a plan to get back to my level of fitness…. I will highly appreciate.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

2. You will not have a mile and a half run on the AOSB briefing. You'll be asked to achieve 10.2 on the MSFT.

3. Run Fartlek over the distance. 5 days a week.

4. Firstly have a look at the AOSB sticky in the Officers forum, because it has lots of useful advice in it.

I was on a briefing a week ago and had worried myself long and hard about the phys. The long and short of it is that 10.2 on the MSFT is really not that hard, in fact I was surprised how pain free I found it and I had not been training very hard during the weeks leading up to it.

Because of this, you are correct. There is no real excuse for not getting to 10.2 on the MSFT. In any case, it was all alot of fun.