AOSB Briefing Validity?

I got a Cat 2 on AOSB briefing only God knows when (definitely more than 5 years ago, possibly up to 7 years ago), and have just left it, as the basis for the Cat 2 and not a Cat 1 was 100% around being a useless fitness mong.

Slobbered around for a couple of years and realised that I had a whole mountain of regret in not going for it as a young chap.

I've finally sorted out the phys and would like to have a final crack at AOSB, and will only be put to peace if they a) tell me to f off, or b) I at least go to the Factory and get a couple of tours under my belt.

Only question is... Does this mean I have to do briefing again? Or can I go straight to Main Board? I seem to remember that there was a time limit on the validity of a briefing pass. But then I also remember that if you f up briefing, you couldn't have a second go, so perhaps you drag the results from briefing to your grave?

I've put in a "new application" on the website, but inputting my old service number seemed to bring up all my details (I was OTC - more the wannabe Occifers at University type rather than the substances you can buy at Boots). I'm sure a recruiter will call me with the exact info, but I recall Crapita's reputation being less than stellar, and was rather hoping for an answer sooner.

I'd wait for the recruiter to contact you.
Your circumstances seem to be unique to you, ie. You've had a cat 2 years ago and want to see if its still valid.

In all honesty don't be surprised if you start the process again.
Although you seem to be a bit vague, I did RCB 15 years ago and can remember month and year of both boards. You're not filling me with confidence that you'd make it through the process.

halloumikid

Old-Salt
I got a Cat 2 on AOSB briefing only God knows when (definitely more than 5 years ago, possibly up to 7 years ago), and have just left it, as the basis for the Cat 2 and not a Cat 1 was 100% around being a useless fitness mong.

Slobbered around for a couple of years and realised that I had a whole mountain of regret in not going for it as a young chap.

I've finally sorted out the phys and would like to have a final crack at AOSB, and will only be put to peace if they a) tell me to f off, or b) I at least go to the Factory and get a couple of tours under my belt.

Only question is... Does this mean I have to do briefing again? Or can I go straight to Main Board? I seem to remember that there was a time limit on the validity of a briefing pass. But then I also remember that if you f up briefing, you couldn't have a second go, so perhaps you drag the results from briefing to your grave?

I've put in a "new application" on the website, but inputting my old service number seemed to bring up all my details (I was OTC - more the wannabe Occifers at University type rather than the substances you can buy at Boots). I'm sure a recruiter will call me with the exact info, but I recall Crapita's reputation being less than stellar, and was rather hoping for an answer sooner.
A Briefing is valid for 5 years. You will need to do another.. You will hopefully, be very different to your previous self. Cat 2s now come with a delay specified. 2/6, for example means a delay of 6 months, usually to sort out phys. Good luck. Halloumikid.

A Briefing is valid for 5 years. You will need to do another.. You will hopefully, be very different to your previous self. Cat 2s now come with a delay specified. 2/6, for example means a delay of 6 months, usually to sort out phys. Good luck. Halloumikid.
Cheers. I feared as much. Yeh, I did it when Cat 2’s got a delay also (got cat 2/6 for phys, as you’ve said).

Guess I’ll just take it as an opportunity to practice the obstacle course again then.

halloumikid

Old-Salt
Cheers. I feared as much. Yeh, I did it when Cat 2’s got a delay also (got cat 2/6 for phys, as you’ve said).

Guess I’ll just take it as an opportunity to practice the obstacle course again then.
Take the postives. You know exactly what to expect! Halloumikid.

Latest Threads