AOSB Briefing B711, 16-17 April

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Armyapp62, Mar 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So, who's on this then?
  2. Me! How's your prep going?

Need to book a bnb, going to give redwood lodge a ring tomorrow..

All the best

3. 4 spaces gone at redwood already give Sandy a call: 01373 823949 she's hilarious!!!

Didn't realise that you stay in the B&B on the Sunday then we all stay in the officers mess on the monday?
  4. Habayeb, you do not stay in the Officer's Mess at AOSB. I hate to say it, but you are not officers yet. You will be in the candidates accommodation in rooms of 2/3/4 blokes.

Enjoy it and put 100% effort into everything that you do. The DS are looking for a bit of grit and determination and as a word of warning, you will be assessed from the moment you arrive until the moment you depart. As someone who has recently been through it all (and passed Main Board), there is always a chopper in every group who tries to be the big guy. Look around and if you cannot immediately identify the one in yours........well........

Briefing is good fun and will give you an insight into what will be expected of you at MB.

Any worries then give me a shout.

5. When are you off to RMAS Sweeters?
  6. Jan 13 at the moment. CC 131 I think it is. Potentially last minute place on Sept 12 but looking unlikely. You going JC?
  7. Yep, I am booked on the May 13 intake, I can't wait. It seems so far away still though. Envious you might be able to get in on September 12 but even January 13 is good. When did you pass main board?
  8. I passed last week actually. So tried to move as quickly as possible. How come the wait for May 13?
    I literally cannot wait to be honest, chomping!
  9. Injury, which needed surgery, and it required 18 months post op. So it is literally the fastest I could get in after surgery. It's gutting watching all these intakes go, and not being able to start. Is May 12 fully booked now then?
  10. May and Sept both full with only a handful of places left in January13 now. It is quite annoying as I am 24 now and want to crack on. You looking at regiments already? I want infantry, as I am sure most do, and top choices atm are Royal Reg of Scotland and the Fusiliers.
  11. Because of my injury, I will be 26 when I start RMAS so am getting grandfather rights. I have been trying to arrange a load of fam visits between now and then, the infantry don’t seem to want to sponsor someone with grandfather rights, I tried a few (they say they have a lot already) so I will just have to wait until I get down there if I am going to follow that route. However I am currently sponsored by the Signals, and really enjoyed my visit to them, and am looking forward to the RAC visit. (Feel this might have hijacked this thread a bit now, sorry all)
  12. Anyone here heading down the night before? Maybe staying in Redwoon Lodge as well?
  13. I'm going down the night before! Going to be checking into Redwood lodge hopefully!
  14. Did you ring already? I know they only have something like 10 rooms and I'd say it will fill really quickly! So think you'll be prepared when the time comes? I can't wait to get stuck in! Although I was surprised att he fact you don't have the push up/sit up test until main board.
  15. im there! and staying at Redwood, trying to prepare as much as possible, dreading the hurdles...