AOSB Briefing B695.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by rferri11, Sep 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there anyone else on track for this briefing, if so how is your preparation going?

2. Aye mate I'm on 695 too.

Prep was going great. Stepped back on the treadmill for the first time in too long a week ago to see where my cardio was. Clocked something like 10:30 on 1.5 mile. Couple weeks and that would have been sub 9:30 no problem.

However, my f**king back went out in spectacular fashion last night after a pretty relaxing (8.5-10kph) 5k. Crippling, debilitating pain. Really bloody pissed off about that, especially because I have a POD coming up in less than 2 weeks. Stocking up on ibuprofen, and taking it easy for a while, the POD isn't formally assessed anyway. It's not worth the risk of knackering my back for life.

How about you mate? How's your prep going? Brushing up on your speed-distance-time arithmetic? I know I have to, haven't done anything of the sort since GCSE!
  3. yeah its going good :) I'm just getting in some 7 mile runs when I can, spacing my own training regime around University and my TA training.

SDT stuff shouldn't be too bad I've been on a site that specializes in military use of that arithmetic.
  4. I wish I'd joined the OTC whilst at Uni. Then again, I didn't know I wanted to join up when I was doing my degree.

How're your press-ups/sit-ups coming?
  5. Mate honestly, OTC is good to just be around like-minded people. Apart from that you won't get much help for AOSB unless there is a newly
    commissioned 2Lt in the ranks. I'm training with 4PARA at the moment so my phys (all around the board) is in good condition :)