AOSB Briefing 14-15 May

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Boblad10, Apr 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yalreet,

anyone else on this briefing?

chomping a the bit and cant wait to do it.

furthermore does anyone know realistic dates that we should be aiming at starting Sandhurst? My first ACA interviewer said January was realistic and so did my second however I keep hearing its full so would it be realistic to aim for May 2013?

Finally do we get to discuss topics of our choice during in the group discussions or does the assessor give us topics to discuss? I read on hear that each person come up with a topic to discuss but obviously this could be wrong.

2. Did mine at the weekend. Without trying to make it too easy for you, the topics for discussion are presented one by one by the officer in charge of your group. After a few, he will ask you all to present your own topic of discussion.

I wasn't aware of this, but if you are up to date on the news or can use your brain to any degree, coming up with a discussion should be easy.

In terms of starting sandhurst, it really depends if you get a CAT 1 or not. Considering september 2013 is already getting booked..

Cat 2 with 6 months phys would set you back a fair bit.

Wear decent trainers by the way, it was raining when we did the MSFT and some lads were slipping all over the place, one poor sod actually landing flat on his face twice in a row. On inspection, his shoes had no grip to speak of.

Good luck
  3. Cheers for that mate.

I've heard a lot about the different Sandhurst entry dates. Shouldn't really worry about that as there is nothing I can do about it, I'm just eager to get started. Also think September dates get booked up by those who are still at uni but want a guaranteed place. say tends to fill up before the May.

as for the trainers, I will buy a new pair when i get paid. A good pair so i don't ruin my knees with all the running I'm doing.