AOSB as a soldier

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by cobra1985, Nov 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When i first applied for the army i applied to be an officer and had a couple of interviews which went really well,i was then given a date for my selection briefing.After this i was talked out of going down the officer route by serving family members.
    I then joined as a sapper in the Royal Engineers,got one of the highest barb test my careers office had ever seen,i have subsequently gone through my basic and B3 training doing well in both and getting good reports from both.
    I have been wondering for the last few weeks if i would be able to give the AOSB a crack as i believe i would make a good Officer and i would also not have this 'what if' feeling hanging over me for my career.
    Does anybody know if i could apply at this stage of my career or would i have to get a recommendation when i get to my unit after i have completed my trade course?
    If anybody has any information on this or heard of anybody doing this then let me know please.

2. Welcome to the site, Cobra.

This topic has been covered several times in the last couple of years. Yes, you can apply to attend AOSB whilst serving but, as I have previously pointed out, it will be more difficult now that you are a serving soldier, because you will have to convince your Pl Comd (who won't know where to start...) and your OC (who will have to convince your CO).

I'll start by asking about the qualifications you have?

Litotes

3. Cheers for that Litotes,
    I understand that it may be difficult to transfer but im losing nothing by giving it a shot.
    I have a a foundation degree in construction and meet all the qualification criteria.