AOSB 2371 cab share from London...

Discussion in 'Officers' started by McChanClan, Apr 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if this has already been floating about the forum...

Anyone catching the train from Paddington to Westbury on the morning of the 19th feel like sharing a cab?

Reply, PM etc...

Minor mod edit

2. There will be a hell of a lot of you and it's only a £5 cab. You'll notice people because they are all young guys in suits going into Wiltshire, looking confused and worried.

3. To be honest, most of the people in Wiltshire look confused and worried.

4. Yeah, the suit bags and well-read copies of The Week are also give-aways. I managed to clock 3 other candidates whilst leaving to Tube at Paddington.

Edited to add: good luck at AOSB!

5. Yeah good point about candidates being easy to spot! I remember feeling like a muppet having booked a cab at my pre-board briefing. Will just be winging it like everyone else.

6. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Gents and Ladies,

Whilst I commend you for your eco-enthusiasm and obvious, though unvoiced, desire to reduce the Army's carbon footprint, in wanting to cab-share from Westbury Station to AOSB, you do need to start thinking about your own security as you become more closely associated with the Army. Whilst I would think that it's a remote possibility that anyone will target you on your way to AOSB, it would be best not to offer them the opportunity by giving out too much information online.

My suggestion is that these kind of detailed arrangements are best discussed by PM.

7. I'm not going to be using Westbury station on the 19th, or at any other time, but for the avoidance of suicide bombers could people perhaps stop posting the dates and locations of courses on internet forums?

See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lichfield_City_railway_station

I know it happened before you gave up rusks :D but when you do get to Westbury, have a look around and count how many police you see. I hope it's lots.

8. If you think that's bad, wait until you hit Waterloo station en route to The Factory for the first time. That's a whole lotta ironing boards travelling standard class!

9. or just walk from the station. it's really not that far....