Anzac Day Brisbane Queensland

Discussion in 'Australia' started by 18.Platoon_in_Oz, Apr 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The day of days is upon us down here again. Any ex-squaddies, matelo's and the rest who will be around tomorrow in Brissie come and join us @ corner of Charlotte and George St. before 10am for the march if not @ Pig n whistle Eagle Street pier for few scoops after. That way we can: 1. Show the colonials how to march properly 2. Show them how to drink properly and 3. how to wear hard earned gongs, not loads of 'thanks for showing up' ones.........whoops!!! No offence convicts :) Bloody poms eh?
  2. Unfortunately the wrong side of the world. Have a great ANZAC day though.
  3. Mate have a great Anzac day ,I'm off to the Anzac cemetary in Harefield (Near Northwood)for the service there.
    PS Happy Kapyong Day all
  4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Lone Pine cemetery in 1999.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Please hijack away or any one else for that matter, should've named thread just Anzac day! It's a fantastic experience for any former service person and you're made to feel VERY welcome by the locals down here. Yes the day and its meaning has it's detractors mythologising the history with Anglo-phobic inaccuracies (some of it is just good old digger/squaddie banter btw). However the fact that almost every memorial and dawn service is FULL with people and that every school child is highly knowledgeable about the events and their significance means that my old country has ALOT to learn from the fighting nations of Australia and New Zealand. Have a great day all, Lest We Forget.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Went to Dawn service in Chinchilla and had brekky and gunshot! Fine start to the day. Going to be enjoying a few beers and games of two up after the 11am parade! Aussies certainly know how to celebrate their glorious dead!
  7. 13:00 at the Jacaranda Hotel. I might as well just pre-rip the arrse out of my pants before I go.
  8. Just got back from 'Dawnie'. Wont be getting on the piss till this 'arvo. Get together with the boys at 'the House'.
  9. Only 2 years late for me to give you a drinking lesson! I'm around 400 klicks south of you at the moment (on holiday). Enjoy your day. You never know, Goatrutar may show up!
  10. I raise my drinking horn to all Aussies & Kiwis on ANZAC DAY. May you have a good one. :salut:

Dayton VA Med Center.jpg Vietnam Vets at Bar Toast.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  11. "They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning
    We will remember them."

Lest we forget.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lamb Rolls in the Aussie Pub Kamala Phuket tonite if anyon'ee hungry. Happy Anzac Day.