• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Anyone watching the Superbowl?

On BBC if anyone is interested, we are at half time lasting about 90 minutes the game is over as a contest but Beyonce is doing the half time show and is easy on the eye as always

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Watching here in Canada for want of anything better to do. Bit like the Six Nations rugby but more gay.

Half time entertainment not bad, beats bovril and a pastie.

Im not a big handegg follower but will watch it on occasion, I had the John Madden games back in the 90's so have a passing interest and a basic understanding of the rules. That and a day off tomorrow along with an 8 pack of Stella is enough to keep me watching

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
And the lights go out. Hummmm Far East betting syndicate must have been unhappy with that last 109 yard rush and the massive points difference.

Last Superbowl I watched all the way through was Steelers 35 v Cowboys 31.
Last Superbowl I watched some of was the third SB win in four years for the Cowboys, Cowboys 27 v Steelers 17.

I'm a plastic spam, so no ******* idea, sorry. I think the general idea is you beat the other teams in your league, and then go to the final. It's league play down to the last 8 or 16, then a knockout. Or "brackets" as they're sometimes called for no good reason. But that doesn't explain how such a shower of shite got to the final.

Maybe they were just leathered on Bourbon St in New Orleans until 4AM this morning.
I read the book "American desperado" Written by a major player in the Florida coke trade in the 70s/80s who said a team did the same thing but went on to win. He also had a very good customer in a certain OJ Simpson.

**** me the 49er's are shite! Are any spams about to explain how they got to the final?
They gained a lot of momentum towards the end of the season but they've been playing with their number 2 quarterback. He leads well on the field but he is a bit jumpy! They have a fantastic offense, I think, it's just that the Ravens have came to the game with a lot of confidence. I don't think it's over just yet with enough time in the quarter to score at least twice. It could be close.

San Francisco deserve it, really. They've worked really hard this year.

They gained a lot of momentum towards the end of the season but they've been playing with their number 2 quarterback. He leads well on the field but he is a bit jumpy! They have a fantastic offense, I think, it's just that the Ravens have came to the game with a lot of confidence. I don't think it's over just yet with enough time in the quarter to score at least twice. It could be close.

San Francisco deserve it, really. They've worked really hard this year.
Didn't know you was a handegg fan! But they seem to have bottled it now.

Handegg would be acceptable if it wasn't stopped every 3 seconds. I watched one game and all they seemed to do was make a sort of scrum, throw the ball to no where (can any of them actually catch a ball, the amount of knock-ons is unreal) then when someone is tackled the game stops for 5 minutes and they do it all over again.

I have seen highlights where they make it look good by having them bounce the egg triumphantly down having walked past a couple of fat black blokes with helmets on, still boring though. No flow to the game.

Didn't know you was a handegg fan! But they seem to have bottled it now.
Yeah I love yank football. Love all sports, really, apart from cricket because cricket is ******* terrible.

My dream is to go to Lambeau and see the Packers play.

What's so great about American football is how much has to be taken into consideration. You can't say "the Ravens are the better team" the way you can with, say, Manchester United against some other league time. You have to look a little further into it. You have to consider the style of the Ravens offense and match it to the Frisco defence then look at the stats for running and passing for the past few games to see what we might expect.

So much going on and everybody has a job to play. There's never an obvious winner in the game.

I really feel like San Francisco earned their place this year and I'm gutted they lost particularly since they made such a great come back in the second half of the game. I hope they don't take the loss hard and they go into next season with a lot of energy because they have some great potential. Kaepernick (49ers QB) can really lead that team to some great wins if they can work some consistency into their defensive side.

Just got back from our local sports bar. No judge of the finer points of American football but I think several fat, sweaty and very loud birds in purple jerseys are going to get lucky tonight, possibly for the first and last time in their lives. So everyone's a winner - except for some poor bastards in Baltimore who are going to wake up tomorrow morning and, after a brief moment of rejoicing as they recall the Ravens scraping home, are going to see what's on the adjoining pillow ....

Handegg would be acceptable if it wasn't stopped every 3 seconds. I watched one game and all they seemed to do was make a sort of scrum, throw the ball to no where (can any of them actually catch a ball, the amount of knock-ons is unreal) then when someone is tackled the game stops for 5 minutes and they do it all over again.

I have seen highlights where they make it look good by having them bounce the egg triumphantly down having walked past a couple of fat black blokes with helmets on, still boring though. No flow to the game.
It isn't rugby.

Try running at your very fastest while being chased by another equally fast guy and catching a ball thrown at 50mph with both of your hands - without losing your pace at all. Every single person has a crucial job to do and it is very, very physical.

I agree that there isn't any flow to the game but thats because its based around strategy and part of the enjoyment is taking a closer look at the tactics used in the field. When you see a really, really good play unfold (50-60 yard passes thrown from quarterbacks who are swarmed by defenders at the last minute to a guy running full tilt and covered by linebackers) it is an absolute joy to watch.

- except for some poor bastards in Baltimore who are going to wake up tomorrow morning and, after a brief moment of rejoicing as they recall the Ravens scraping home, are going to see what's on the adjoining pillow ....
If you walk through the gaaarrddeeeen, you better watch your baaaccck...

Aah the Wire, the greatest show on telly.

Latest Threads