Anyone watching the Superbowl?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by joey_deacons_lad, Feb 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On BBC if anyone is interested, we are at half time lasting about 90 minutes the game is over as a contest but Beyonce is doing the half time show and is easy on the eye as always

2. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Watching here in Canada for want of anything better to do. Bit like the Six Nations rugby but more gay.

Half time entertainment not bad, beats bovril and a pastie.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Im not a big handegg follower but will watch it on occasion, I had the John Madden games back in the 90's so have a passing interest and a basic understanding of the rules. That and a day off tomorrow along with an 8 pack of Stella is enough to keep me watching

4. **** me the 49er's are shite! Are any spams about to explain how they got to the final?

5. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

And the lights go out. Hummmm Far East betting syndicate must have been unhappy with that last 109 yard rush and the massive points difference.

6. I have a 50 pence piece spare

7. Last Superbowl I watched all the way through was Steelers 35 v Cowboys 31.
    Last Superbowl I watched some of was the third SB win in four years for the Cowboys, Cowboys 27 v Steelers 17.

8. Been an NFL fan since the early 80's. I love the game. How the 49ers got there? **** knows. Better teams got beaten enroute to the Superbowl. It pains me to say it as a Steelers fan, but I wanted the Ravens to win as soon as they got through the Div game. Mainly for the man that is Ray Lewis. LEGEND!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

9. I read the book "American desperado" Written by a major player in the Florida coke trade in the 70s/80s who said a team did the same thing but went on to win. He also had a very good customer in a certain OJ Simpson.

10. If anyone is still around the score has gone from 28-6 to 31-29. From being a whitewash its now a finely balanced game.

11. They gained a lot of momentum towards the end of the season but they've been playing with their number 2 quarterback. He leads well on the field but he is a bit jumpy! They have a fantastic offense, I think, it's just that the Ravens have came to the game with a lot of confidence. I don't think it's over just yet with enough time in the quarter to score at least twice. It could be close.

San Francisco deserve it, really. They've worked really hard this year.

12. Didn't know you was a handegg fan! But they seem to have bottled it now.

13. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

where did baltimore get another team from? last I heard they keep selling them to other states.

14. Handegg would be acceptable if it wasn't stopped every 3 seconds. I watched one game and all they seemed to do was make a sort of scrum, throw the ball to no where (can any of them actually catch a ball, the amount of knock-ons is unreal) then when someone is tackled the game stops for 5 minutes and they do it all over again.

I have seen highlights where they make it look good by having them bounce the egg triumphantly down having walked past a couple of fat black blokes with helmets on, still boring though. No flow to the game.

• Like Like x 2