Anyone want an...

skeetstar

Old-Salt
Olympus Trip.
Not used it in years, I understand that they have a good lens, They dont fetch much on auction sites. quirky little thing that is a part of photographic history. As far as I can tell it works OK. If you want it, PM me and I will box it up and get it ready for posting.. probably be able to do that when the epidemic is over. I'll let you know what postage costs and you can make a donation to a military charity.

Alternative is that some time it will get chucked. but I'd rather see it go to someone who would get some sort of use or value out of it.

Thanks

Olympus Trip.
Not used it in years, I understand that they have a good lens, They dont fetch much on auction sites. quirky little thing that is a part of photographic history. As far as I can tell it works OK. If you want it, PM me and I will box it up and get it ready for posting.. probably be able to do that when the epidemic is over. I'll let you know what postage costs and you can make a donation to a military charity.

Alternative is that some time it will get chucked. but I'd rather see it go to someone who would get some sort of use or value out of it.

Thanks
It's quite trendy for people to put old cameras on shelves, like an ornament. It's a nice looking camera to do that with.

Not me though.

I take it is one of the later Trips like this which go for around a tenner -

images.jpg

Rather than one of the older models, which can go for around £100?

download.jpg

If so it's a shame. They both have the same excellent lens, and I believe the only difference the latter had metal body and became popular in part to this TV ad campaign featuring David Bailey.

Point and shoots of any type are very hipster and popular amongst students. Ebay, especially if you have a case instructions etc?

Recently I gave away several OM10s, and two OM 30's along with all the lenses and stuff that went with em. I must resist filling my house, garage, workshop and bar with more

daz

LE
Recently I gave away several OM10s, and two OM 30's along with all the lenses and stuff that went with em. I must resist filling my house, garage, workshop and bar with more
Bugger, to late to call first dibs on the lens then :(

Agreed about the lens. Couldn't take £1,000's of photo gear overseas so in 1990 was using a (then) 20 year-old second-hand Trip with the metal body and all-manual controls, some of the crispest images I have ever taken and probably on ISO400 film, knowing me. If it works, use it: don't leave it on display.

Haven't done wet film for yonks, so not for me, thank you.

skeetstar

Old-Salt
Ah, the one I want rid of is the older model. Didn't think it was worth that much. Anyway still happy to let it go on here, providing you want it for keeps rather than to put it straight on ebay.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Bugger, to late to call first dibs on the lens then :(
Are you after an OM10 lens?

I have the standard 50mm and a Sigma 200mm zoom. The camera's in good, fully working nick as well, but if you only want the lens, that's okay.

bedended

War Hero
Ah, the one I want rid of is the older model. Didn't think it was worth that much. Anyway still happy to let it go on here, providing you want it for keeps rather than to put it straight on ebay.
Morning @Skeetsstar,
I'd snap your hand off for it but if you're in Blighty, I don't think you'll want the hassle if sending it to India.
I'll ask people back there if they'll accept it for me and get back to you in a couple of days. If it doesn't go to a good home before then.

daz

LE
Are you after an OM10 lens?

I have the standard 50mm and a Sigma 200mm zoom. The camera's in good, fully working nick as well, but if you only want the lens, that's okay.
Actually, I might be.. providing the Nex 3 winging its way from FleaBay works as advertised

skeetstar

Old-Salt
Morning @Skeetsstar,
I'd snap your hand off for it but if you're in Blighty, I don't think you'll want the hassle if sending it to India.
I'll ask people back there if they'll accept it for me and get back to you in a couple of days. If it doesn't go to a good home before then.
Okeedokee, first dibs to you..

A few years back I got a Voigtlander Vito B from e-bay and as you can see it looked pretty much brand new for a late 1950s camera. No light meter (I used a separate one of similar vintage), you focussed by judging the distance, and it was just fun to use:

P1010998_zpsmqv7imej.JPG

I also developed the film using a Cafenol mixture (coffee was part of the recipe) and a Peterson Tank. I didn't have a dark room so used to disappear into the cupboard under the stairs and transferred the film from the rolls into the Peterson tank in a 'dark box' I made; the stairs was just 'belts and braces'.

I had some nice ones of my dog, but they're lost when a hard drive failed, but I had these on google images:

20150918204251_11_zpsqubhxwmx.jpg

I scanned the negatives using a cheap digital film scanner (from Lidls I think).

It was fun, but fiddly, so stopped doing it.

Troy

LE
It's quite trendy for people to put old cameras on shelves, like an ornament. It's a nice looking camera to do that with.

Not me though.
I was discussing this trend for displaying cameras like ornaments and I pointed out their tendency for collecting dust.

"Dust!" he exclaimed, "Nonsense! I bathe it daily..."
"Bathe it Daily?" I said, "Who's he?"

Ok, I know it's old, but you need to be a bit old to get this one.

Latest Threads