Anyone taken the LFTT course lately?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Bravo_Bravo, May 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whats it like, etc etc etc?
  2. Done pairs fire and manoeuvre not so long ago, and IBSR.

Safetys behind each shooter, targets will fall when hit - the usual - was there any particular question?
  3. Wah?
  4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

4 man vehicle anti-ambush drills, 4 man patrol contact drills, urban pairs CQB the advance and withdrawl....

What did you want to know?
  5. No wah. Looking to get a place.
  6. LFTT??? Excuse my ignorance... :oops:
  7. Ive been out a while, what is it ?
  8. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Ahh, so you mean the course not the activity?
  9. LFTT- Live Fire Tactical Training,

fire team/section/ platoon etc attacks done live, usually the ground has 'obvious' fire support positions and routes for advance to assist with the safety supervisors.

Sorry BB, wasnt sure what you werwe asking! Looking to get a place to run LFTT or find a unit who are doing it soon to join in yourself?
  10. Ahhhh! :) What used to be called RMQ 4-5 (I think) or am I talking bolox? :wink:
  11. Sorry guys; post question in haste, confuse helpful peeps!

I'd rather do a useful course than go to Khazakstan this year and the LFTT ( the old RMQ 4 and 5 ) seems to e favourite - my gang are deploying next year and having this under my belt would be useful.

I'm trying to get loaded onto an LFTT course at jolly old Brecon.
  12. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Yes - RMQ 4-5 (field firing) renamed under the "rename to confuse" policy adopted by the armed forces since time immemorial.
  13. Yes, stage 4 is transition to live fire (IBSR, mover, pairs etc) and 5 is LFTT.

Bit of rebranding, wonder who gets paid for coming up with new names for things for no reason?

The OBUIA/FIBUIA name change consultant group must have made a fortune by now!
  14. :D Thanks Duke, I had worries that I was having (another) senior moment!!!! :wink:
  15. As far as I am aware, the 'TA' LFTT qual will only let you run exercises, not plan them. I had looked into the course a while back but decided it wasn't useful enough at the time. With your 1-3 qual you can still act as safety on LFTT (with a CO's wavier).

Unless, it is the long course your planning on doing?