Anyone sold a house via Purple Bricks / Yopa? How was it?

Per title.

Looking to sell a gaff, would appreciate any feedback from those who have gone down this route.

TIA

BB

Per title.

Looking to sell a gaff, would appreciate any feedback from those who have gone down this route.

TIA

BB
currently selling my place , looked at Purple Bricks and with a flat fee of £1200 it seems good but the 'hardsell' from the call centre handler and the 'local' agent (who isn't BTW and works from home by the looks of it) put us off so went with an Est Agent in town charging 1% + £1100 for legal fees to sell and buy another property. Haven't looked at YOPA though, suspect it may be the same as PB

Per title.

TIA

BB
I’ve bought through PurpleBricks - it was good that the vendor & I could be in instant contact throughout the process, and allowed us to identify where our conveyancers may have been stretching the truth regarding their speed of sending comms.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Per title.

TIA

BB
In the process of selling and looked at this option. The online feedback was not great and the salient point was made that an up front fee reduced the impetus to sell. It seemed that, if you didn't get a quick sale then you could be in the doldrums for quite a while.

If you're in a hot property area that may not be too much of an issue but, in the event, we've decided to go the traditional route, not least because the estate agents have lists of people who are keen to buy in my area and arranging block viewings means that one doesn't have the nausea of keeping the house at a high state of viewing readiness for months on end.

I fully accept that people who've made the likes of Purple Bricks work for them may be of a different view.

You might find this Selling your home? Better estate agents sell faster and for more money. a useful site if you go down the traditional route.

Re Purplebricks- I will warn against using Premier Property Lawyers as a conveyancer (they are the recommended one).

They were dog toffee. Absolutely awful. Avoid, even if they are the cheapest by some margin - even then you’ll get less than what you pay for.

I sold my house through Purple Bricks 2.5 years ago, it was a pleasant experience, it worked smoothly and we had a reasonable valuation by them (we'd had a few estate vultures around valuing the house and Purple bricks valuation was in the middle of those we'd received). I have no hesitation in recommending them.
The adviser was a youngish lad who'd worked in the industry for about 5 years so knew what he was talking about and we had 24hr contact if we needed it.
The only thing I wouldn't recommend is their conveyancers, they were crap, they caused delays of over 2 months for the sale to go through and we had to keep telling them what needed to be done next.

I nearly went with them recently and only didn't because another estate agent lowered their fees to 1% and I could see they were going to do some hard work on our behalf.

I've met people who've had mixed experiences with them so make your own mind up based on what you think is important.

Just put my late mothers house up for sale. Looked at traditional estate agents vs Purple Bricks. Decided on trad route as PB, despite being a little bit cheaper initially, everything appeared to be an extra. Agent we selected offered flat fee of £2K all in (including EPC), which on a gaff at £ 275k isn't too bad.

In the process of selling and looked at this option. The online feedback was not great and the salient point was made that an up front fee reduced the impetus to sell. It seemed that, if you didn't get a quick sale then you could be in the doldrums for quite a while.

If you're in a hot property area that may not be too much of an issue but, in the event, we've decided to go the traditional route, not least because the estate agents have lists of people who are keen to buy in my area and arranging block viewings means that one doesn't have the nausea of keeping the house at a high state of viewing readiness for months on end.

I fully accept that people who've made the likes of Purple Bricks work for them may be of a different view.

You might find this Selling your home? Better estate agents sell faster and for more money. a useful site if you go down the traditional route.
I think the fee for Purple Bricks is charged wether you sell or not ,so pulling out of the market for any reason will still cost £1200.

I think the fee for Purple Bricks is charged wether you sell or not ,so pulling out of the market for any reason will still cost £1200.
I'd also view that as a total lack of incentive for them to actually bother selling...

I'd also view that as a total lack of incentive for them to actually bother selling...
No but it makes you leave it on the market long term as it's pointless not ,which keeps their turnover going and the hard sell brings in more, hung up in the end as the call centre wouldn't stop until I gave in.

The_Duke

LE
Yup. Once they have signed you up, their commission is booked, sale or not. Given the choice of servicing their existing clients or looking to sign up the next one, where do you think they would focus their efforts?

If your property virtually sells itself, maybe. If you think it needs more attention I would be tempted to pay a bit more, but only on result.

My wife's best pal just sold her little flat via PB and she hated the whole experience.

She paid out a whole wedge of money to PB and then had to do all the work herself, including having to deal with the biggest prat of a house purchaser who said some quite critical things about her house in an attempt to reduce the price. She's a lovely lady and couldn't handle the confrontation and the hassle in the end.

The best thing about dealing with a normal estate agent is that it creates an air gap between you and the buyers - who are not always nice people and often want everything for nothing.

Last edited: