Anyone seen this yet and is it a rip off?

HOW 2 BECOME
Online package on how to pass recruit selection

£34 for the GOLD Package

1581074665258.png

Thanks Guys, My instant reaction was bollocks but daughter failed RMAS Selection and I persuaded her to prove the board wrong and follow in my footsteps.
But I have now been out for too many years and before advising her wanted to double check with others who have not been out of the loop so long.

When its your kid you don.t want to give duff info.She was heartbroken following her board results and it took a lot to re-motivate her.

Its just appalling how these companies rip the kids off

Last edited:
You really don’t need it, there’s enough free assistance from the Army already.

This ain't necessary. Common sense, proper prep and a positive attitude deliver eveything this will and more.

The internet is your friend regarding the various academic tests for example.

Fishbulb

Old-Salt
In my experience, when someone is training you to do anything, they get really pisse ...annoyed if you already know the answers. :)

chimera

LE

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
HOW 2 BECOME

£34 for the GOLD Package

View attachment 448336
Their is enough FREE stuff on joining the British Army than wasting money on this trash.
Use "Google" and get all the stuff for free, I can help find this if you send me £19.99.

Normal Price is £25 but we are having a sale on to celebrate Prince Andrew being nearly 60.

It depends what you class as a rip off. Without seeing the content of the package it would be impossible to say or to assess the quality of the content.

What it does illustrate, however, is another example of the industry that has been created charging people good money for what can already be obtained for very little or nothing.

A classic example were the PPI repayment firms. An entire private business sector was created to complete and to submit the same forms for a substantial fee that were available to potential claimants to complete and submit for themselves... for nothing.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
The OP should spend the £35 saved by not buying this tat on a better pair of trainers and get running.

HOW 2 BECOME

£34 for the GOLD Package

View attachment 448336

Thanks Guys, My instant reaction was bollocks but daughter failed RMAS Selection and I persuaded her to prove the board wrong and follow in my footsteps.
But I have now been out for too many years and before advising her wanted to double check with others who have not been out of the loop so long.

When its your kid you don.t want to give duff info.She was heartbroken following her board results and it took a lot to re-motivate her.

Its just appalling how these companies rip the kids off
You do actually wonder whether this is a particularly viable business.

Given that the army is a fraction of the size it once was and that the annual applicant/recruit throughput (anyone know what it is?) will be correspondingly smaller, I would have thought that potential sales would not be great. Even less so when you consider that only a very small proportion of potential recruits are ever likely to avail themselves of the package - or even be aware that it exists.

How to Become is a series of books and packages designed for various trades. There is one for the police and I guess there will be one for fire service. Like all things it may benefit the individual or may not. I paid 'some money' for a day's training on how to pass the selection centre exercises for the police. It was good advice and I passed. I know lots of other people who did the same and I know lots of people who didn't pay and still passed (and some who paid and failed). There are companies that run training sessions and programmes for police promotion exams too. That they exist means there is a demand.

Troy

LE
Over in Nepal - apparently, as I've never been there - there are people who take money from Gurkas and their families, saying they can get them into the British Army. It's a big thing and lots of money gets handed over to people who can't (and won't) to a thing to get them in. Even on the selection days, they will call the families and ask for more money, "just to make sure they get a place"... Those Gurkas who get selected have to phone home right away to tell their families, so they don't pay anyone any money. It's a complete con of course but there are always people who will exploit someone's ambitions.

These "guides" strike me as being the same sort of thing.

There used to be some photographers who could help aspiring models get into the business and earn big money. They'd start by creating a portfolio of photos, and it wouldn't be long before it was time to "get her tits out". But they don't fall for this anymore... :-(

Ozzy00

Clanker
Honestly mate Just get the 100% Army fit app or find exercises you should be doing and do them at the gym like you can ask anyone involved with the recruiting process pretty much and they would be able to help you with fitness

And The Interview at the Careers Centre is nothing to be worried about
Regards
Ozzy

Latest Threads