Anyone seen combat? or have good combat stories??

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Rogerio, Aug 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My old man went to the first gulf war and he said the closest he got was their base having a scud alert but not much else.

My English Grandad was in the paras and got captured and held in an italian POW camp for 4 years!!!

My Scottish Grandad was in the Royal Artillery and had a couple of good stories, one was that him and another couple of blokes found a cellar in france and heard some german voices so chucked some grenades down there. Madness, he also had a bullet would in his leg from a mauser but didnt tell me the whole story.

I found all these stories really interesting and wondered if anyone had anything first had or second hand they could share?

Cheers.

2. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Never believe anyone's war stories.

3. I had a tuna sandwich for lunch today. I forgot my soup though. It was madness.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I went to Wales...once....

5. I had to fight the missus for the remote control once....just once mind! I've never tried that again!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I was 2nd on the balcony but don't like to talk about it;|

• Like Like x 1
  7. who the **** is combat?

8. Hes a big marine with a pair of friendly eyes.....

No wait, thats camoflage.

• Like Like x 8
  9. There are better software packages on the market but it does a job I suppose

10. ooooh oh oh oh, indeed it was.

11. I had shit flung at me in Panama during Operation Safe Havens. They were very vocal about it too.

220px-Capuchin_Costa_Rica.jpg

12. Chin up chuck,you can always play 'Black Ops'.......

13. I once wrestled an overweight WRAF naked for 30 mins solid before she sexually assaulted me, does that count?

P.S. It was emotional.

• Like Like x 3
  14. I met sluggy and survived. I now have PTSD but others that have met her have been sectioned, so I feel that I got of lightly.

• Like Like x 2