Anyone remember this old chocolate bar?

I was just going through some of my stuff in the loft and found this stuffed into the bottom of my old water bottle pouch.

Anyone remember these? I think I preferred the plain chocolate. Presumably they don't have these in the new rat packs?

I was just going through some of my stuff in the loft and found this stuffed into the bottom of my old water bottle pouch.

Anyone remember these? I think I preferred the plain chocolate. Presumably they don't have these in the new rat packs?
You utter, utter bastard.
I loved that chocolate, last time I had it would have been about 1998

4(T)

LE

I've got a couple in one of my old webbing sets.

"Milk Chocolate" was a bit of a misnomer. To me they tasted more like candle wax dusted with cocoa. They seemed to have been stored for 50 years even by the time they were put into the rat packs - all white and crumbly.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'll take any Biscuits, Fruit, AB or an oatmeal block.

Oh yes .

replaced by Yorkies.

You utter, utter bastard.
I loved that chocolate, last time I had it would have been about 1998
Duncan's closed in 2003 but I believe chocolate to their recipe is produced by Geraldo's of Largs. It'll be much more expensive (especially considering you used to get it free).

Can't provide a picture, but I remember the old boy sharing chocolate and other bits from ww2 stocks. The whole thing was in a flat tin - I was very young and he was RAFVR so whether RAF specific stuff I don't know.

Also some oatmeal biccies

Makes you wonder... if someone marketed a snack pack with Duncan's Choc, Bickies Brown/Dead fly and Beechnut chewing gum would it sell?

ETA - You can poke year Arabic Rolos up yer Arrse though.

I think they were a Jock company who became a subsidiary of Rowntree, who in turn were swallowed up by Nestle.

The older here will remember that Walnut Whips were originally a Duncan line.

I have posted before about Duncans chocolate... loved it

Fecking lovely

Ah, the joy of opening one to be let down when it turned out to look like something else that is hard to remember - white dog shit.

Latest Threads